Introduction

I would like to take a moment to thank Liz (MorrighansMuse) for taking time away from your writing to help me by making this lovely cover.  I really appreciate it.

Hey everyone, my name is Amanda and I am a writer.  You may be asking why I am choosing to write a book called Writing Tips and Prompts and not some beautiful poetry or an amazing book.  Well, truth be told is my day job is writing and it makes it hard to do it here as well but I will one day.  But I did this because I noticed some writer friends having issues with that ugly thing they call writer's block and I began adding prompts (sometimes tips) to my profile page.  Well, if you have ever been to my page you'd see that after a while stuff gets buried on my page as I comment a lot so the idea of this book was born.  It is a place where I can put them and where you guys can find them.  I figured it works out well for both sides.

I will put everything from quotes about writing to prompts and tips to help with your writing in this book along with attaching videos or helpful memes relating to writing.  Because of this I ask that you keep your comments relating to writing.  If you have questions about the topic of that day, ask them.  If you have additional information about what I put up, feel free to share it.  Encourage the other writers coming here.  We are all human and sometimes we just need to hear that tomorrow will be better for us.  This is important in writing as we have bad days and good ones.  We will occasionally hate our works and we will need someone to help pick us up while we feel like we have fallen down so the comment board should remain a hate and judgment free zone.  

While we will work on writing prompts on our own, some of you may put up a book form of your prompts and may want to share with us.  Please do not link in in the comment section.  You may make a comment about doing it but please no links.  I don't know the rules on that and I would rather not cause issues.  

Everything that is not specifically mine will be sited as such.  Prompts tend to come from various sources including me but those that are not mine will be sited with the name and publication of the person I found it from or will be sited as unknown author.  Why am I telling you this?  Because stealing from another writer is wrong.  Stealing their words, characters, or ideas hurt the writer who created them and I will not do that to a fellow writer.  

When I first put something up it may be unedited at that moment.  Yes I do make mistakes!  I am not perfect and will never claim to be.  Mistakes happen and I will fix them when I edit that post.  All writers must step away from what they write before the editing process begins.  So this is just a heads up.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have.  My bio is on my profile so if you are wondering about me personally, you can check that out but if you have any questions or topics you'd like me to discuss, feel free to comment below.  

Happy Writing!