Mysterious Lady

"GWAH!" Was the last sound that escaped the lips of the demon before me. I raised the sleeve of my kimono to cover my face in order to prevent some of the blood that spewed out from its mouth get onto me.

"Rina, retrieve the shard," I commanded one of my kimihos. The two kimiho maidens were loyal servants to my bloodline. They grew up learning how to properly tend to me. Being around my age, the twins were bestowed upon me. Rina and Lina. Lina to my left and Rina to my right.

Despite their responsibilities, we got along well, as if we were too sisters, but to a lesser degree. They still were reprimanded to tend to my every need and command. They were also seen as a last defense body guard, if so our barrier were to fail us.

Of course, I would never let anyone touch them. I'd just make their organs explode and leave them for dead. ( So, one of her powers has to do with blood ).

"Yes, my lady," Rina approached the dead demon and plucked the shard from its forehead. One of the willow whisps plucked the shard from her palm before placing it on my hand. My body radiated a faint red glow before disappearing.

Fragments of the sacred jewel separated from my body. I have seen that I have collected half of the whole. I still had the other half to acquire.

I think it's time I should visit the miko and the half demon. They probably have acquired the other half by now.

Oh won't this be a delight. I smirked.

"Thank you, Rina, shall we carry on our way?" I sweetly stated, discarding the dead body behind.

My kimihos illuminated the path towards our next destination.