Uninvited Guest 2.0

Começar do início

I looked at him,"IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT."

"It's just, I really didn't want things to come to this."

"TO WHAT?"

He sighed and gripped onto the grass,"He was the guy I dated. The one I never told you about."

Nothing could escape my mouth, I was too busy trying to process everything that was happening.

"We were best friends, we could never leave eachothers side. He was there for me from when we were both babies, he was there for me when my mom passed, from when my bro passed, he was just there when no one else was. That was until one day he told me he liked guys, but not only a guy, but that he liked me. I didn't know what to do, but one thing lead to another and we, well, dated. Things were great, I really fell for him. That was up until one day," he looked away and balled his hands into fists, digging his nails into his palms. "He started accusing me of cheating on him and whatnot, and that's when he revealed that he was cheating on me, thinking that it made us 'even' or something along those lines." He laughed hysterically, looking up at the cloudy sky before us,"Oh, god. There's only so much heartbreak you can take, Karkat." He was smiling, but I could see the tears streaming down his face.

This hurt me. Just to hear that, makes me physically hurt for this guy.

"And so, we broke it off, he moved away, leaving me a depressed mess." He smiled and took off his glasses, keeping his eyes closed as he wiped his eyes.

Fuck, my motherly-instincts are kicking in.

I scooted closer to Dave, sympathetically patting him on the back. "HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S MISSING."

I heard him laugh, which made me smile.

Fuck, I hate myself for letting him make me smile.

He sniffled and commented,"Y'know, Vantas, under that shell of yours, there's a heart deep, deep in there. You're like a little crab."

I am personally offended.

"FUCK YOU I HAVE A HEART AND IT IS CLEARLY VISIBLE I'LL TELL YOU THAT. ALSO, A CRAB? REALLY? IS THAT HOW YOU SEE ME? IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK OF ME?"

He laughed and replied smugly,"I think a lot, of things about you, Karkat." He brushed his hand against mine and looked up at the sky, as if nothing happened.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked away, I will murder this man if it's the last thing I'll do.

"Aww! Is the wittle crab flustered!" He made little baby noises at me, and I swear if he says one more thing to me I will punch his nose into his face.

"Oh, Karkat, just admit it! You're in love with me," he smirked and leaned back.

I am, once again, personally offended.

"OH PLEASE, I WOULDN'T BE IN LOVE WITH YOU EVEN IF THE WORLD DEPENDED ON IT."

"Stop lying to youself, Kitkat! It's okay to be in love with me! In fact, I'm in love with me too!"

"OKAY THAT'S IT!" He laughed and got up and ran with me chasing after him. We circled around his car until I slipped on some wet grass and fell right on my ass. You can hear him wheezing on the other side, which caused me to laugh, just a little bit. He walked over to me and put his hands on his hips,"Guess you really fell for me, huh?" He knew what was coming. I grabbed his leg and pulled it, causing him to fall on his ass aswell.

He laughed while I tried my hardest to glare at him,"GREAT. JUST GREAT. NOW WE'RE BOTH DIRTY."

He sighed contently and laid back, putting his arms under his head,"You know, Vantas, I hate you."

Those words truely touched my heart.

"THE FEELING IS MUTUAL, STRIDER. MUTUAL INDEED." I laid back aswell and sighed. I tried to get this 'John' guy off my mind, but the thought of him keeps creeping into my head.

Why would Dave fall for someone so heartless?

I get that he's lost many people, and I barely know him for fucks sake, but I'm clearly smart enough to know that John is a total ass. Dave is an, as much as it physically hurt me, Dave is an okay guy. Not the smartest, or funniest, or smartest, but he's not a bad guy. He's cool.

Saying all these nice things at once makes me physically, emotionally, and mentally cringe.

It is somewhat worth it.

My curiosity was eating me alive, the anger I was feeling towards this John guy made me sweat, I simply had to ask.

"WHAT DID YOU EVEN SEE IN JOHN? WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THAT DAMN MIND OF YOURS? I KNOW, YOU KNEW HIM FOR A WHILE AND MAYBE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WJAT YOU WERE FEELING BUT TO CRY OVER SOMEONE LIKE THAT? JOHN ISN'T WORTH THE FUCKING SHIT THAT SPILLS OUT OF SATANS ASS. DAVE, I KNOW YOU MUST BE HEARTBROKEN AND SAD, BUT HE'S JUST SO STUPID! WHAT THE FUCK, DAVE! DAVE, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!"

I sat up and looked at him, he was already sitting up, I can't see through his glasses but I can feel his eyes stabbing into mine. I didn't know what to say because honestly, I've never seen him so serious. I saw the corners of his mouth lift a little, I was too focused on that to realize his lips were moving.

I snapped back into reality just in time,"C'mon, let's go home."

Home.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

I KNOW IT'S SMALL BUT THINGS ARE GOING ON AND I PROMISE I WILL FINISH THIS STORY NOT FORGET IT :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!!