{15. Our Hometown's In The Dark}

Start from the beginning

I follow everyone, not known to one person as the victim of the bullies. Even though I want it to stop, no one can do anything about it and it will stay the same forever. No person has the power to do that, and no one will save me from the madness.

🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹

-Ashton-

No matter how hard I try, I can't get to the point of sleep. My thoughts were taking over my brain and my head was spinning from the amount of them. I lay my head against the car window, feeling the chill, and look out to see a burst of colorful lights standing out from the darkness. It was magnificent.

We're taking a break from touring for a while to write the new album, our second one. I am so thankful, just being less busy and hectic. We came to Burlington, a city in Vermont that I have never heard of, because it has a real professional high-tech recording studio. And who would imagine that we would meet our next undiscovered artist.

We are going to be on break for a while, until the tour would start back up in May. It is a good thing that we had a break; because I was feeling tired all the time and could barely keep my eyes open. There were so many interviews we had with little radio stations that were so excited to interview us, but I felt we were a letdown to them by how tired we were and we weren't really into the interviews. I longed for a single break for a long time, and this is the perfect way to do that.

All of a sudden, these past few months, I have felt extra lonely. I know, I'm put as the stereotype of being the band member that is all happy and sunshine's, but I genuinely don't feel the best about myself right now.

We've been on break for a while, and I miss messing around with the fans in the crowd and drumming my heart out. It's my favorite thing to do, to say the least. But I also haven't had someone that genuinely loved me since we first started out all those years ago. Now, everyone that I meet only wants to use me because I'm 'famous'. That is one of the downsides, and that you never get a break to live a regular life and you get noticed everywhere you go. But the rest of the lads want to go to clubs, and they hang out with girls, let loose, and actually have fun.

People do throw themselves at me, but I don't want to hookup with a random slut I find at a bar. I want a genuine girl that likes me for me, not for my popularity or how I look or whatever.

But somehow I've gotten to think of a certain girl with long blonde hair and an amazing voice. Everything I think about comes back to her, and it won't stop.

I breath in deep, and close my eyes, attempting to fall in the effortless abyss of sleep.

🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹 🔹

-Kallie-

It's been two weeks since I arrived back home from New York, and I've grown to miss it. I miss the city lights in the streets and the smell of fleshly brewed coffee from the coffee shops.

Aria always wants to call me, so I come home with 5 missed calls and two voicemails from her, frantically asking if I could get the boys to come to the hospital to meet her. I call her back and say sorry numerous times, because they have been going to the recording studio every single day. Just that is at least an hour drive, so it's real hard.

My acne is acting up again, and it hasn't been worse. Every time I look in the mirror I see a disappointment. I see the people in magazines with perfect skin, and it makes me super depressed about myself. Although I know most of it isn't their real skin, I can't get over how perfect they are, and how far off they are from me. My dad won't let me go to the dermatologist, because he doesn't want to spend the money since 'it's not that bad'. It's like I'm just not good enough.