ROTG Chapter Five: Caring

Bunnymund ran as fast as he could, while also trying not to hurt Lili even further. He had wished Lili could stay with him forever, but Bunny knew that it was not possible. Lili shifted her head so it was brushing against Bunny's neck. He heard her sniffling and he let a few more tears fall.

Once he got to his Warren, he was about to set Lili down so he could go get something, but he found that she wouldn't let go of his fur.

Bunny sighed, and he lie down on the grass. He held Lili protectively, and he soon drifted off to sleep himself.

When Lili woke up, she felt furry arms holding her protectively, and she looked up. Bunny opened his eyes slowly.

"Mornin', mate." He said.

Lili smiled brightly and hugged him tightly. Bunny returned it, laughing along with Lili.

He was so happy to see her happy and laughing like she was.

"I should be getting back..." Lili said, pulling away.

Bunny sighed. "Yeah..."

He lifted her up again and jumped down a hole. He brought Lili back and set her on her bed.

"Hey, so...tomorrows Eastah'...."

"Yeah?"

"So...will I see ya tomorrow?" Bunny asked nervously.

Lili stood up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Of course you will."

Bunny beamed in response.

"See ya." He said.

"Bye." Lili replied.

Bunny left and Lili sighed, flopping on the bed.