ROTG Chapter Eight: Death

All was well for the Valentinnes and the Fons families.

The Valentinne family had been raising more and more money each year, and they had finally earned enough so that they could buy a better house, that was built next door to Lilis.

The Fons family had been losing some money because of losing the father in theor familiy, but Lilis mother had gotton a new job adpfter she wss divorced and the new job had, thankfully, payed her a lot of money. Lili had been seeing Bunny more frequently from their kiss, and had made Easter her new favorite holiday, bumping Christmas down to her secound favorite. Lilis mom was always constantly apologizing about what happened with her father, and Lili had always forgivin her.

But one fateful day, would change everyones life, forever.

Brayden decided to take a walk by the lake in their backyard one warm spring day. Bunny was leaving from his Eastern globe rounds and wss returning to the forest where Lili had said she would meet him. Katt was bringing up her daily flour bag to the palace, after she had offered to help Mr.Autumnus. Lili was opening the door and stepped out into her backyard, ready to go see Bunnymund, when she heard someone scream. She looked around and saw her brother trip and fall in the lake. Lili knew Brayden didnt know how to swim yet.

"Brayden!" She yelled.

She ran up to the lake and jumped in. She swam to the bottom of the lake and saw Brayden. She lifted him under the shoulders and with great difficulty, being as she was so weak, she swam Brayden up to the surface. She was so close but she felt her self losingair and sinkin back down. Not wanting her brother to drown, she pushed him up. She was about to close her eyes, but waited until she saw her brothers head rise above the water, and until she saw him gasp for air.

She saw the rise and fall of his chest once Braydens head was above the water, and she slowly closed her eyes, and she let her whole world go black.

"Wait...what?" Katt asked in disbelief.

"Yes, Im afraid Lili drowned." Lilis mother replied, her voice cracking.

Bunny had been secretly listening. Once he heard that Lili had died, he had run into the forest, crying his eyes out. He couldnt belive it.

Lili, dead! He didnt want to belive it. From then on, he promisec he would always plant a green rose by the fallen tree where they would always meet.

Katt didnt want to belive it either. Both of her best friends, dead, in the same year. She had run away from Lilis mother, crying. She ran home and didnt even reply to her father when he had asked whats wrong. Going to Scarletts funeral was hard enough, now a funeral for Lili?! Why must her life be so terrible? Why did Scarlett and Lili have to die at such young ages? Scarlett being only twenty one and Lili only eighteen. Katt couldnt take it. As the days went by, Katt was depressed and wouldnt come out of her room, only coming out if she had to make a delivery.

Bunny kept to his promise, and had planted a green rose by the fallen tree everytime the old one grew weak. He was depressed, and hid himself from everyone, even the other guardians. He still gave the children of the world fantastic Easters though.

As a year past, Katt turned sixteen and had been spending the night at a cousions house. Her cousin, Kate, had a boyfriend who came over the morning of. Katt was in another room at the time when she heard the scream. She ran into the living room only to see Kates boyfriend pulling out a knife.

"No! Jacob stop! Dont please!" Kate yelled.

Jacob raised the knife.

"No!" Katt yelled jumping in front of Kate. Jacob brought his arm down right as Katt was jumping in front of Kate. The knife struck Katt I the chest, and all Katt heard was Kates scream and more people filling into the room as she slowly closed her eyes.