Rapunzel Band-aids

Start from the beginning

She must have felt someone looking at her, because she looked up and caught my eye. A small but noticeable small appeared on her face. My face flushes bright red. I try to hide behind Neal so she couldn't see me any longer.

"Let's go if you want to get some good seats on the hill." Neal said dangling his arm over my shoulder. I knew he did it purposely to cover the name on my back. I leaned into him accepting it.

If I didn't think of Neal as a big brother, he would be my first candidate for a boyfriend. He was always caring for me, making sure that I was okay. My mother urges me all the time to make a move with Neal. I still gag when I think about it.

I had realized that if we wanted to get outside to go to the hill we would have to walk right pass Olivia and her groupies. As we passed the group of girls they all seemed too quiet. Even though I wasn't looking directly at them, I could feel the heat of their stares. I refused to look at them, even Olivia.

When we finally passed, both Neal and I let out a sigh.

"I hope your right about the whole, it's going to pass thing."

"Yeah, me too."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We arrived at the hill just in time to get some good spots.

In the Cranbrooke, courtyard there was a stone picnic table littered around on the grass. There was a large fountain center in the middle with all types of flowers circling it. The hill was the best part. The hill sat just behind it all stretching far enough up to be able to overlook everything else. Everyone wanted to be able to sit on it.

We got a spot right in the middle. We weren't too far up, but we weren't too far down either. Neal laid down on his back, then stretch his long arms and legs. He put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes, enjoying the sun beating down on his skin.

"Want some suckers now, since we were too lazy to go get an actual lunch?" I asked already pulling the candy out my pocket knowing the answer would not be no.

He silently nodded. I began to separate the Dum Dum suckers by the flavors we liked. Neal liked all the weird flavors like root beer, coconut, cream soda, and the other gross flavors. I liked all the normal ones.

After they were separated, set Neal's pile of suckers on his stomach. He chuckled some causing the suckers to wobble.

I settled mine next to me and stuck a watermelon flavored one in my mouth.

I looked over the scenery below me before deciding what I wanted to photograph. I would just be random today, no set plan.

My pictures ranged from photo of the fountain, random people, flowers, and Neal with candy on his belly.

I sighed contently looked over my pictures in my camera. This was one of the best parts of photographer. Being able to look at the moment you had been lucky enough to capture.

Neal sat up, looking around while twirling a sucker in his mouth. He perked up when he saw some kids play Frisbee.

"I'm going to go play." He said sounding childlike. I nodded, acknowledging what he said.

After he left, I laid back in the spot he had once been in. I angled the camera towards the sky. I had captured some pictures with amazing light.

Suddenly, as I took pictures, a dark shadow comes over me. I squint through the lens trying to see if it was just my camera.

It wasn't. Through my lens all I could see was Olivia's bright smiling face.

Seeing her, scared me thus causing me to drop my camera on my bruised nose.