just then a door opend off to the right and the Judge walked in.

"all raise." the bailiff said.

we stood then the Judge sat down signaling us to sit.

"Mrs. Livingston, i have read your report and seen the pictures. i am very sorry that this has happened to you. i am sorry that the police couldn't help in your time of need." she looks over at my father. "Mr. Livingston please raise." my father stands. "Mr. Livingston, i don'tknow why and i could never grasps the reason's why parents do this but i've seen the pictures, i've read the stories that Miss. Livingston has told and there's only one thing i can say right now is, guilty. you are hear by guilty of beating your own child."

she turns back to me. "once again i appologize for your father and mother. and i am sorry you had to come here today and face something like this." she bangs her gavels. "court dismissed." she stood and walked out.

the bailiff goes over and hand cuffs my father. when he was walking by i stood up and asked, "why?"

the bailiff stops. "excuse me, Miss?" he asked.

"i asked my father, why?"

he didn't say anything just starring straight ahead.

my anger started boiling. "why dad? why me? i was in sixth grade, i was just a kid. why?" he still didn't say anything. "why?!" i screamed. everything went quiet. "after everything, you owe me this one thing."

he finally looked at me. "i was hurt and confused. i couldn't understand what was going on. that's why. i wanted an explanation but no one gave me one. i was angry and pissed off that my son died but you lived." he said calmly.

i swallowed. "so you never loved me?" i asked.

"once." he said then looked away.

the bailiff started pulling him away. i looked down on the verge of tears. i take a deep breath and straightened up. i nodded at Mr. Jones who nodded in return. i walked past him and everybody out of the courtroom.

i went out into the hall and sat down at the bench, putting my head in my hands. i honestly thought he loved me. i don'tknow why but he was my dad i  figured whatever he did he still loved me. i jumped when someone touched my shoulder. i looked up to see my mom.

she knelt in front of me. "how you holding up?" she asked. 

"i'm fine." i said straightening. i smoothed my dress even though it wasn't even creased.

she sat beside me."i'm sorry, honey. you know, he wasn't lieing."

"who? about what?" i asked.

"your father. he did love you. when you were first born, he cried. he said he couldn'tbelieve we made such a beautiful thing. then you two were attachedat the hip. you were his little princess, that's what he called you." she sighed. "but then i lost the baby and he was devastated. i don't know if he told the truth about he reason behind it, sadly i wouldn't know."

i hadnt notice but i was crying. i didnt know i was ever that close to him.

"i'll get you some water." she patted my knee and stood.

"thanks."

she nodded and left.

i sat there and waited for her but Landon was the one to walk up. "hey." he said.

"hey." i said but my voice was hoarse.

he sat down beside me. "well that was intense. how you feeling?"

"like punching next person who asks me that." i say.

he laughs and pats my leg. "i knew you would be okay." he leans on his elbows and turns his face towards me. "i also knew you would do good today."