It Tastes Better Than It Smells...So Much Better.

“Morganna, do you know what Savinure thinks this is...what happened between us?” Alec’s voice is quiet; I look at him and realise that I love him back.

I shake my head.

“She thinks that it’s a blood tie,” He tells me; I choke, trying not to feel completely overwhelmed by everything.

“You mean like, you’re my family or something?” I think I might actually be sick if I have fallen in love with my cousin; I'm not into incest!!  Alec sighs, rubbing his face tiredly.

“No, Morganna.  You can't have missed your weird reaction to blood!” Alec exclaims; I gape at him, ignoring my mother's voice telling me I look like a guppy fish.

“Am I turning into a vampire?” I choke, making him laugh.  What the hell?!  This isn't funny!!

“No, not a vampire.  You’re an Inferciph, Morganna; but you happen to be the strongest Inferciph we've ever seen.  Your numbers are always accurate and you've hidden it well - not many Inferciph's hide it as well as you do!  But your power needs to be fuelled; blood quenches your thirst, but now you have a blood tie – there is only one person you can get the blood from.” Alec says; I don’t even have to think.  I know who it is already.  And I don't like it.

Not.  In.  The.  Slightest.

“But wouldn’t it hurt you?” I ask in a frightened voice; I don't honestly think I would be able to stop drinking if it tastes as delicious as it smells...Alec looks thoughtful for a minute; he stares at me and his eyes slide into focus from his misty thoughts.

“Morganna,” He begins slowly; my heart pounds in my throat.  It can’t be good, my conscience tells me, I agree with her silently.  “This has never happened before, there are legends of it happening, but in all the stories, they speak of a feeling of intense…” He sucks his teeth as he tries to think of the right word; I smirk, I'm in the mood to embarrass people.  Hell, after the day I've had, I've got the right to make someone blush!

“Horniness?” I supply; Alec looks at me solemnly, the corners of his mouth twitching slightly.

“Yes,” He replies; I stare at him and blood roars in my ears slightly.  I’m not afraid of sex or anything stupid; I have a dozen shag bands to prove that, but the thought of Alec and me makes me want to scream in undiluted glee.  I’m a little nervous about Alec, but I have never been shy around guys.  I take a few steps closer to him; I can see the blood pumping through the vein in his neck.  My throat bursts into flames of need.  I think I'm going to explode if I don't try any...

“Wanna try?  For science,” I whisper against his ear; standing up on my tiptoes - silently thanking Pixie for taking me to ballet as a kid - with my hands gently on Alec’s chest.  I have to look up at him from under my thick lashes to meet his eyes; I can see my dilated pupils reflected in his eyes.  He swallows and I can feel the burning deep inside of me.  This isn't just about survival now, even though I know in some part of my mind that if I don't take blood from Alec every day, I'll eventually whither and die.  Feral desire is pulsing through me, clouding all my thoughts.  I want him.

“We should wait,” He mumbles as he shuffles on the spot; I laugh throatily and I can see his pupils dilate slightly.

“Oh, Alec,” I murmur, “Y'should know that I don’t wait.” I smile; he nods and tilts his head back a little bit.  Enought to expose his throat.

The world blurs around me for a second and all I can smell is blood.  Delicious, life-giving blood...

I wrap my arms around his neck so I can pull him down to my level; kissing his throat softly before my canines sink into his throat.  The blood rushes between my lips like a stream and Alec tries and fails to muffle his moan.