Well, Maybe I Could Use The IV Stand Like A Sword...

“Why do we need to go to Elperdonofore?” Alec’s words only just get through his gritted teeth; Savinure looks at Alec in shock.

“Because he’ll know what to do, Alec, why are you questioning him all of a sudden?” Pain shoots through my heart and I gasp; doubling over and trying to keep the scream that's building up from ripping through my throat.

“GET ELPERDONOFORE!” Savinure bellows; Pixie stirs and pales when she sees me.

“Morganna, Morganna!” Pixie cries; the agony spreads from my heart and it feels as if my body is being ripped slowly to shreds from the inside.  Alec scrambles up, but the farther apart he gets, the more it hurts.

A high-pitched scream bounces off the walls and rings in my ears; it takes me a second to realise that it’s mine.  I didn't know I could make a noise like that...Agony rips through me and it burns against my eyes; it’s worse than anything I’ve ever felt.  I can’t think straight, I can’t even make out the numbers that are trying to make themselves clear to me.  I think I'm glad about that...numbers right now would probably make my head blow up.

I can vaguely feel myself falling through air until I am lying on the shag rug.  I feel my body thrashing against the floor and my neck makes horrible cracking noises I can only just hear.  I can’t feel it.  All I can feel is the sensation of being steadily ripped to pieces.  I can't see anything…I feel like I’m fading out of life.  I don’t even know if I’m making a sound, everything feels the same.  Something whips across my blind eyes in lightening speed and everything goes dark.

“I love you,” A voice I don't recognise murmurs; I open my eyes and look around.  Terrified of something distant, something I can't remember now.  It can't be that important, then.

Before I realise it, I'm answering.  “I love you too,” I don't know who I'm talking to, who I supposedly love.  I feel a bit of a slut now...

I look around.  I don’t know where I am either.  Nonetheless, it is beautiful.  Straight from the pages of a fairytale that I wished to live in as a little girl.  A small brick cottage with a wrap-around porch and thatched roof.  The small chimney puffs out smoke and I can smell fresh bread.  Is there anything better than the smell of fresh bread?  Probably not...

The garden is neat, a small vegetable plot surrounded by beautiful flowers.  There is a small pure white picket fence surrounding the house, though I can't imagine why.  It's perfectly secluded in the meadow; I can hear running water near by…a stream?  I look back at the house and my nose twitches at the beautiful smell.  Lavender is a strong scent, but there's an underlying scent.  Something I don't recognise.  Homely.  That’s the only word for it.

I sit down on the perfect emerald grass and look at the intricately weaved roses of all colours that frame the wooden door.  I find myself crying at the beauty of the cottage and how different it is from my own home.  This place actually feels like a home, not just a living place.  Pain wrenches at my heart at the contrast.  The door opens and Alec steps out; he sees me and holds his hand out for me.  I stand up and my hand moves on its own to take Alec's, the space between us seems insignificant, a mere meter, or a mile…I can't tell.  All I know is Alec…

“It’s time to wake, Morganna.” He whispers; I can hear him perfectly, even though we seem so far apart.  I walk up to him, not straying from the straight cobbled path that leads from the open gate to the doorstep.

“I don’t want to leave,” I say; he touches my hand and I gasp at the feeling that rushes through me…my eyes fling open.

My eyes open and I take in a shuddering gasp; the world swirls around me and I wait for everything to sink back to normal.