6

With bags under my eyes and yawns constantly escaping my mouth, I pour more batter into the waffle iron. I longed to replace the waffle with my head and hope that I could avoid the sickly emotion that is fatigue. It was nine in the morning and Ryder was occupied with finishing the movie from last week. I had no clue to where Calum and Michael were. Probably hooking up. Even though I didn't like Calum, I shipped him tremendously with Michael.

While I waited for the waffle to turn into a nice golden color, I sit next to Ryder on the couch and hug a pillow to my chest. My eyelid start to droop slightly, but I pinch my side so I wouldn't fall asleep and set fire to the Hood household. Begrudgingly stalking back to the kitchen, Calum and Michael stomp down the stairs, following the aroma of the breakfast.

Big Hero 6 ended and now the four of us sat around the table, munching on the fluffy goodness. My appetite was barely there and all I wished to do was take a nap and cuddle with my teddy bear, wishing it was Niall Horan. Sadly, I was eating with an annoying kid who was starting to grow on me despite only babysitting him two times, a guy who doesn't even know what an inside voice is, and a smirking asshole who wouldn't stop staring at me as he chewed.

I glare at Calum, trying to get my facial expression to tell him to stop staring at me with that weird and creepy look in his eyes. "You look really tired," Calum states with Michael nodding along with his third waffle stuffed in his mouth. The little syrup dribbling out of his chin was adorable but I was too cranky to admire him and his cuteness.

"It's because I am," I awkwardly laugh, pushing my empty plate away from my body. I didn't like the way Calum seemed concerned. He was supposed to not like me back. After all, I did embarrass him in front of the whole school. But his chubby cheeks and sharp jawline made me want to hug him yet kiss him hard all at once. "Ew!" I scream, not meaning to say that word out loud. Everyone looked at me weirdly as I cringed at the thought of actually wanting to kiss Calum.

I brought my dish over to the sink and rinsed the syrup off with a grimace. My exhausted brain made me think those delirious thoughts. I don't like him in that way. I don't want to like him.

**

My legs dangle from the edge of the school roof as I munched on my sandwich. I was more awake, but I still felt a little down because I was at school, and school sucks. Ashton and Lindsay said they'd meet me up here so I was a bit excited because Lindsay never wants to come up here due to her irrational fear of thoughts.

I, on the other hand, absolutely loved tall places. I liked swinging my legs over and feel like I'm about to fall, but I know I won't. Only I could decide if I wanted to fall. I liked having the upper hand. I giggle to myself slightly, thinking I sounded like another a version of Augustus Waters.

The soft sound of feet pounding against the roof made my head turn quickly to see who it was. Seeing Lindsay's dark hair that she recently dyed black caused a fit of squeals to come out of my mouth. I scramble towards her. I haven't seen her new dyed hair since she did it over the weekend and I haven't seen her for the past few days of school.

"It's black!" I yell, grasping at her soft hair in my fingers. The color suited her amazingly. Ashton will surely be anxious after seeing how hot Lindsay looks.

"Thanks, I did it to match your soul," Lindsay shrugs.

I laugh loudly and ran back over to the edge of the building. "That was a good one."

Ashton sprints through the door with a huge smile but he quickly stops when his eyes land on Lindsay. He gaped at her, not knowing how to form an actual sentence and make it seem impressive. I smirk to myself as Lindsay smiles brightly.