Chapter 6

I awoke in a dark room. I don't remember what happened, how I got here or what is going on. All I know is that I turned around before everything went black.

I decided to get up and try to search for a light switch but upon trying to carry out the decision, I learned that moving is not quite so simple as my ankles and hands are bound together. Why can't I feel anything? As best as I could, I tried to see what it is that is holding my hands and feet together. After feeling around a little bit and trying to get this numbness to go away I came to realise that I am chained to something but since it is so dark, I cannot see what it is that I am chained to. I also learned that my hands were bound by rope.

Suddenly it all hit me at once and I went from being calm which is far from understandable to panicked which I believe is a much more understandable feeling in a situation like this. I started to shake and cry out for help. I tried to fight the objects that bind me and bite at the rope that is holding my hands together in the hope that it will set them free. Ofcourse my attempts were futile but that didn't stop me from being so noisy. I screamed and yelled, hoping that this is just a dream and thrashed about.

After what felt like forever, I heard someone speaking. The only problem was is that the noise is muffled. I listened as best as I could to figure out what is going on but that changed when a blinding light hit my face and caused my eyes to burn so much that I wanted to rip them out. I shielded my eyes using my hands before I felt the chains on my feet loosen. Unfortunately for me they decided to cover my head with a bag to stop me from attempting an escape.

I was then picked up and placed in a seat before having a seat belt being put around me. As quietly as I could, I began to cry. Why do I feel so weak and too numb to fight back more than this? Why was I so calm before? What's going on? Am I going to die? These questions filled my head till it hurt.

--- hours later ---

I woke up as we stopped after what felt like hours. The bag was taken off of my head and the rope was removed from my hands. Are they letting me go? I blinked hard to take in my surroundings since I had gotten used to the dark. We were in a room that was decorated to look like one of those hotel rooms in adverts that look absolutely amazing.

Turning around I saw two men. One of them smiled at me and nodded his head while the other also smiled but spoke saying "I hope this is enough for you and that you enjoy your stay. If there is anything you would like, Ashleigh will be at your service" and with that they left the room.

I was stunned. More than stunned. It must have been 10 minutes before reality sunk in once again. I had been kidnapped, chained to a wall in a dark room before being moved to a room like this and being treated by those who captured me like they were my servants. I sat down on the bed trying to take everything in and understand why I went from a scary situation to this. Technically I was still kidnapped but this isn't how the victim is treated in the tv shows and such.

Ashleigh's P.O.V

After running away from what happened between me and Danielle, I received a text message from my boss. I scanned through it briefly to see what it is she wants. I sighed as I grabbed the gas mask and a smoke "grenade" without the whole bang. It was a little can of gas that is silent and leaks out a certain type of gas that can knock someone out.

I watched her while she looked herself in the mirror. I came back to my senses when she slapped her self. I was already wearing the gas mask so I quietly pulled the pin and released the gas. I stayed silent as her body became weaker. When she turned around, I felt my heart stop because as she did so she passed out. She could of realised I did this. She'll hate me.

I picked up her body which wasn't as light as it looked but I managed and walked down the stairs being careful not to hurt her.

I sent a text out for some guys to transport her back to our main headquarters which is like a mansion. I was rather pissed off when they replied telling me that transport won't be here for the next few days.

As best as I could, I tried to hide the fact that I was carrying Danielle's limp body to my house. Once inside, I decided to place her in the basement. I felt horrible. I could have planned that better or at least tried a different tactic. God she is gonna hate me.

I couldn't sleep that night as guilt ran through my veins. I don't want her to hate me. I wish things were different. Maybe we would have met in a different way and in different circumstances. Jesus, I sound like I like her ha. I don't know that much about her. I couldn't possibly like her but then why do I care so much and why does it affect me this badly? Why do I feel such a strong pull to her?

-- 2 Days Later --

She finally woke up today and considering she hasn't eaten or drank much or even showered or go do other natural necessary things, she seems healthy. We were back at the main headquarters now and I was stood in the door way. I am such a creep just standing here and watching her.

I closed the door as I expected her to go crazy on me for being apart of this and tell me how much she hates me and wish we never met. My expectations were met of course. She heard the door closed and looked at me before hatred fills her eyes.

She started to throw objects that she could find at me. Being quick to react, I either caught them and put them down or dodged them completely. Then it all stopped as she fell to the floor in surrender and cried. That's when I realised she is really weak and running out of energy right now.

I ordered someone to bring some food and drink up for Danielle and moved into the bathroom to set up the shower. Taking Danielle by the hand I pulled her up into me so that I can support her. Letting her slip down to sit on the toilet, I began to take her clothes of being careful to watch her reactions. I then took off all my clothes and held her back up to stand in the shower.

She was still crying as I held onto her. I held her tighter to try and comfort her even though I was the cause of this and this made me feel like a monster. Eventually she stopped crying and was able to stand up on her own a little better. I took this opportunity to clean her and myself up before switching everything up and carrying her back into the room and put her down on the bed.

Just as I did so, there was a knock at the door. I answered to find that it was Danielle's food and drink on a tray so I took it from the man who brought it up.

Taking it back to the bed, I placed it down before getting dressed and grabbing some clothes for Danielle. I looked at her face and I could just tell she was emotionally drained and unfortunately almost physically too.

I helped her to dry and get dressed before attempting to feed her and get her to drink. It took a while but in the end she had eaten it all and almost drank the whole bottle of water that came with the food. I held her tight and close to me as she dozed off and I smiled as I noticed some colour returning to her. I looked at her peaceful face and played with her hair before I too fell asleep with her in my arms.