chapter 1_Black eye

It was 4 m when I heard the alarm go off.Every morning about this time I was forced to get up and make coffee and prepare my uncles lunch for work.

Last year my parents both died in a boating accident.After they died my entire world fell apart.I didn't have much family .The only one willing to take me in was my uncle Leo.My uncle and I were never that close and I usually seen him on the holidays.I always thought he was a cool guy,especially because he is a police officer.My views of him changed after I moved in with him.

Leo was always yelling at me about every little thing. He made it a daily thing to push me up against the wall and criticize me about my clothes,my hair,anything he could think of.A few months after I moved in,he was upset about his food being cold and ended up giving me a black eye.
My uncle terrifies me.I usually just do what he wants so I can enjoy my day.

Tonight is poker night,it's a time where my uncle Leo invites some fellow officers over and they drink beer and order pizza. They do this 3 times a week.Mondays and Fridays it's always here.On Wednesday it's at another officers home.I was dreading it,something almost always happens when he's drinking.

Today was also my first day of my senior year.I was about to turn 18 next month.I knew better than to ask Leo for anything.My last Birthday,I got money from a friend and used it for food,because my uncle banned me from the fridge telling me I was to fat.It was the worst birthday ever.I decided to ignore this one,even though turning 18 should be exciting.It wasn't for me because I was living in a nightmare.

______

I grabbed my robe and quickly tied it around my waist.If I woke him up 10 minutes after 4 am I was in trouble.He had to be up on the dot,which sucks because I didn't fall asleep until 1 am and I was staggering all over the place.

Get it together.I told myself.

Ugh!! ...I wanted to scream.

Where are they?

"Laken"

"I'm coming!"I yelled.

I fell over a stack of books.Just as I was trying to get up,the door flew open.Fear struck me and I knew what was coming.

"I am sorry Leo! I misplaced my slippers and-"

"I swear Laken! Do you want me to get in trouble with the chief again!".

"No of course not!"

He grabbed me by the hair and slammed me against the wall.My face hurt,I felt as if I was suffocating.He had my hands behind my back,I couldn't move much.I struggled to get free from his grip.Pain seared through my entire body and I screamed.