Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Night came quickly. Everyone was present in my father's castle, except me.

At that moment my father requested my presence in the mysterious living room. A few torches burnt smokily from sconces on the dark walls.

"Go get Valkyrie! I haven't seen her today."

"Valkyrie hasn't returned yet from her walk," Valeska said to my father, with her wide eyes, she was afraid of being discovered by him. But her fear could be hidden by her prudent attitude.

"Walk?" he insisted. His forehead compacted.

"She mentioned ... the woods," Valeska said slowly. Her words stumbled in her mouth. Her eyes looked full of fear. Our secret had been kept with her and me. But she didn't know how long it would remain just between us.

"She should already have returned," Vincent murmured, concerned about my absence there. My father knew I had no habit of acting that way, going out of his castle without letting him know. I also imagined I was always close to him or to the castle rooms.

"We can go after her," Bizak mentioned as he was standing alongside Eros. His arms were crossed over his chest under his wine shirt.

"Do it!" Vincent ordered them and his fingers stroked his lips in immense nervousness.

"She might be back?" Valeska questioned and made an effort to smile serenely at her master.

"You two go to look for her now!" Vincent ignored Valeska's useless comment and not even he did look in the direction of her.

***

After some time, Eros and Bizak were looking for me immediately. They entered the woods since Valeska had mentioned I went there. They took hours exploring the dark place, walking through several trees. They two were separated. They followed different directions, to facilitate their searches.

Bizak jumped from one tree to another. It was better to see the entire region. His vision was broad from the top.

He had no clue as to my whereabouts. After much searching, he returned to the castle with a vague answer.

"I didn't find her," Bizak told Vincent, who was sitting on his armchair.

Valeska was at his side and she remained silent all the time, hoping that no one would find me in time.

During that, tired of exploring the woods, Eros stopped walking in the middle and he was motionless. Eros did not know what direction to take, where to look for me. After all, he and Bizak had looked everywhere.

He had a strong connection with my thoughts. This happened a few times. It was imposed telepathy.

In his mind came a scene in which I was next to the dwelling of the wizard.

Then he concluded I would be there.

c']

Valkyrie - The Vampire PrincessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara