Starlight (One-Shot)

'What is love? I never really understood what love really is. I never knew what that emotion is capable of.

But...

I wonder why...

When I'm with you, I yearn to know what it meant.'

"Psst, wake up! Wake up, [Name]!" Niall whispered softly in the sleeping girl's ear. "I have something to show you. Wake up, please!" The figure on the bed groaned and moved slightly. [Name] opened a sleepy eye to check the time. '02:00' in red lighting blinked on the screen of the digital clock. She stared at the blonde, before rolling on her stomach and continued her slumber.

Niall got on top, straddling her. He quietly counted down from 3 to 1 and hopped on her back repeatedly, saying, "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" like an immature brat. "Alright! I'm awake, I'm awake. You'll wake up the neighbours instead." Niall smiled triumphantly. He got off and waited for her to get ready. She merely put on a jacket and combed her [H/L] [H/C] hair.

Outside, Niall handed her one of the helmets he brought and started up his motorcycle (deal with it). They rode off to who-knows-where. On the way, [Name] ranted as to why he would wake her up in 2 in the morning and question as to where he is taking her. The motorcycle stopped outside a fence that surrounds the woods outside the neighbourhood they lived in.

"Why are we here? Niall, what's going on?" Niall just smiled and climbed over the fence. "Come on!" he chirped happily, motioning her to climb over as well. "I am NOT climbing over the fence! Niall are you crazy?! This is a restricted area!" Niall was already on the other side. He gave the sad -cute- pout that she can't ever resist. With a sigh, she reluctantly climbed over.

Once she was on the other side, Niall quickly grabbed a hold of her hand and dragged her to some direction in the woods. "Niall, seriously, where are we going? Is this a prank? It's better not be a prank or so help me, I'll punch you!" Niall grinned at that. "You'll love it, I promise. That's just why I like you, feisty lion!" [Name] blushed at the nickname.

They both arrived at a cliff. [Name] took a deep breath of the fresh air. To be honest, it feels like the woods are suffocating her. "What did you want to show me?" Niall pointed at the sky and when [Name] looked up, she gasped. She was lost for words. It was beautiful. The dark night sky lit up by a swarm of stars. They were so many that she lost count.

"It's beautiful isn't it? It's been so long since we seen this many stars during the night."

"N-Niall, I-I just... It's b-beautiful. H-How did you..." she cursed herself for stuttering, but she was so lost she couldn't form proper words in her mind. Niall chuckled at her bewilderment. They both stared in awe at the sky. Unconsciously, their hands found each other's warmth.

'Indeed it's beautiful. Just like our forming relationship. Will it bloom beautifully like the way your eyes glistened with emotions? Will it light up like the stars we saw that night? Will it be warm like the warmth emitting from your hand that I held so dearly? Love is what I feel for you.

I love you.'

The ride home was quiet. None of them spoke a word, but silence is enough for them to know what the other was thinking. "I have a class that starts at 9:30, so...um... Good night- Morning. I mean good morning." she was about to head inside when suddenly her sleeve was tugged. "It's late. Can I sleep over?" [Name] thought for a while and nodded. They entered and Niall tailed her like a lost puppy.

"Niall? You can use the guest room."

"Hmm? Oh, well I have trouble sleeping alone..." [Name] rolled her eyes. "Just this once, okay?" Niall skipped happily towards the bed, making him comfortable and patted the empty spot beside him. [Name] shook her head and chuckled lightly. Why is he so cute? She lay down beside him, shutting her eyes close. Niall make his way over and snuggled against her. [Name] blushed at the sudden action.

"Niall?"

"I wanted to cuddle with you."

[Name] smiled and gladly wrapped her arms around the Irish lad.