Swallowing thickly, I gently pushed her the way I had come. "My uh car is this way. Let's go home." She nodded and reached for my hand. Her heat spread throughout me, causing shudders to run up and down my back.

"Thank you for coming to find me, I mean like seriously, Sara," she turned slightly to glance back at me, "Thanks." Her grip tightened ever so slightly. I squeezed back and put my other hand on her hip.

Her breathing was shallow and slow, the heat radiating off of her and hitting me hard. All I felt in that moment was the closeness of our bodies and how much I missed her.

Everything that made her mine was present in this moment that I lost myself.

She stopped and I bumped into her lightly. A ragged breath shuddered between us and she turned and pressed her fingers lightly into my neck.

"Tegan..." my voice cracked as I watched her move closer to me. Tears were in her eyes and her bottom lip trembled. "Tegan, I'm sorry let's get you-" her lips met mine and

I froze. Her body met mine and I stiffened. Her tongue tentatively brushed my lips and I pulled her closer.

When I finally realized what the hell was going on and my wolf was waking from the stupor she put us in, she had kissed her way down to my neck. Wrapping my arms around her midsection, moving to lean against the wall, I held her close as her kisses slowly stopped to tremble against my skin. Her sobs shook her against my hold. Her pain seeped into me and I felt breathless at the feeling.

Aches settled in my chest as she clutched at my thin jacket. She pressed her face into my shoulder as if to muffle her cries. I held her tighter to me and murmured softly into her hair.

"It's okay, Bunny. I got you. I'm not leaving." She cried harder, gripping my upper arms harder.

"I w-wanna go home." The tone of her voice scared me, causing my wolf to almost run in circles inside me. She was deeply hurt by this human, and almost instantly I knew she loved her. How could she not? I was stupid to think that it would be simple to get her away from the other woman.

Nodding, I moved to pick her up. "Sare, wait I'm too-"

She felt light as air in my arms, I didn't need my wolf to aid me in carrying her the few blocks to my car.

-

My pants were so uncomfortable now laying on her bed. We had gotten back to our building a little after 7pm and I got her to her apartment, but when I was saying goodbye, she pulled me inside and said she didn't want to be alone. I stayed the night and all we did was cuddle with a radio playing softly. I wish I could say there was more kissing and at least some heavy petting, but no.

I was leaning against the headboard, Tegan cuddled up to me. Her shirt was bunched up around her stomach, showing me a great view of her unblemished skin. I tried to not stare, but it was just there. I looked around at the posters and thought how it was so

Tegan in here. She kept the dark grey theme, the bedding matched the walls, and the dark oak matched her dressers. It was cozy, but the kind of cozy that only seemed welcoming when one was dead tired. I was wide awake and wanting a large cup of coffee. Or maybe three.

It was close to nine am now and she was still in a deep sleep. I found she had only kissed me out of sorrow. Something that I was not used too. But even then, my lips still tingled from the feeling of hers.

"And the downward spiral deepens. My love for this human is great. Dear Selene, take pity on me please." A chuckle left me as I rested my head against the headboard.

I lay there with my eyes closed just relishing in the closeness with her. I was her rock now, just as she was mine all the time. But I didn't feel the need to further the bond. I just wanted this with her. I wanted normalcy, none of the blood feeding, the shifting, the fucking moon telling me what to do. I hated how I was gifted with this powerful gift but my bond and mate was not. I used to love how I had this over the humans, I used my powers for evil when I was younger. But now, after finding her. I hated what I had done, I tried to make right of the wrong. She made me see the light in the dark, she gave me light in my darkness.