Not So Happy - Sonny's POV

Hey guys, sorry that it's late.... Heh heh heh, no internet, no laptop, nothing. I'll try to pot every Tuesday since it's the only day I have access to internet! Anywho....

Surprise Chapter…. Yay! I won’t be writing too much of his POVs, but I just wanted to give you guys a snip of Sonny because he won’t be appearing for a while and this chapter will help his development…. So enjoy!

Sonny’s POV

When I heard the creak of a window pushing up as I watched TV with Willow, I smirked slightly, knowing exactly who it was. When I turned towards Willow, I saw she was too absorbed watching the TV show currently playing.

“Yo, Will!”

“What?” she responded without turning towards me.

I rolled my eyes and poked her, “I think I left something in your room, can you get it for me?”

Finally she turned and glared at me, “What and why can’t you get it yourself?”

I shrugged, amused that she was getting so mad, “I can’t go in your room, remember?”

It was true; Willow officially banned me from her room when I pulled a prank on her last week. Hopefully, she would just go check her room without asking anymore and get suspicious. One thing I learned was that if you get a girl mad, you better watch out. Luckily for me, Willow didn’t and stood up, proceeding to her room. When I heard a few muffled shrieks, I knew my work here was done.

I got up and headed towards my room. On my way, Willow’s door was slightly open and I peeked in. Chuckling softly to myself, my eyes spotted Merica, the girl who I’ve fallen deeply for. She and Willow were wrestling and I couldn’t help, but admire her as she smiled.

I face palmed myself when I realized I sounded like some stalker, but I couldn’t help it. I was boyishly in love with my sister’s best friend. I realized I had feelings for her when I found her crying one night and that was the night I swore to be there for her.

When I reached my room, I shut the door behind me and climbed into bed, staring up at the ceiling. I remembered how her beautiful amber eyes were red and bloodshot. That was the first time that I realized that the happy-go-lucky girl wasn’t so happy at all. I finally noticed that the smile she wore was tired and fake and that her eyes were dulled.

I don’t think Willow’s realized it yet though. I don’t think anyone’s realized, but me. I’m not even sure if Willow knew about her family life. Sure, they’ve been friends since five, but Merica never complained about her home life and she also never brought Will home with her. Both, Will and I, know where she lives, but we’ve never stepped inside and we have never even met her mom. Now that I think about, we didn’t even know much about Merica. She was so closed off to the world.

Sighing softly, I grabbed my iPod and plugged my headphone in before putting it on. OneRepublic came on and I turned up the music slightly, listening to the battle of emotions in the song. Slowly, so slow that I didn’t even realize it was happening, I fell asleep.

Hours later, I looked towards the clock and saw it was almost 2 AM. I groaned. Why the hell am I up so early? I begrudgingly stood up and rubbed my eyes for any eye boogers, looking into the darkness of my room. It was nothing special, just a plain white room with a TV, Xbox 360, and PS3. My games were scattered around the consoles and my controllers lay beside it. Instead of a bed or mattress on the ground, blankets and a big rug covered the ground in a crumpled mess.

My feet padded around the room, bringing myself to one of the three big windows in my room. The moon was high in the sky and it shone brightly along with the few stars that I spotted. That’s what sucks about being in the city, there are no stars. See, I’m an outdoor type of guy, but I do love playing video games on a daily basis. I backed away from the window and headed out of my room, searching for some food for my growling stomach, though when I looked up, I was surprised to see Merica putting her shoes on.

My eyes flashed with love, just gazing at her as her brown wavy hair created a curtain around her face. Before I could stop myself, my concern for her took over.

“Heading out?” I asked carefully.

She nodded at me, staring at me for a long moment and I then took the time to take in her features. Merica, to say the least, was very tiny, standing at only five feet tall. Her olive skin caressed her greatly, going perfectly with her waist-length hair and her golden doe-like eyes. She was fit and somehow could eat more than a teenage boy. Her small nose crinkled every time she laughed and her lips were pink and full. All in all, Merica looked like an angel that always wore a glow around her.

I broke out of my reverie when she spoke, “She’s drunk again and I have to go take care of her.”

I wanted to ask if that was the reason she came over, but I thought better of it. She would tell me when she was ready, so I only nodded. My mind was racing with thoughts though contrasting to the calm demeanor I currently have on.

Remember how I said, that Willow and I’ve never met her mom? Well, I actually have, though no one knows this. To end the story short, I hated her mom. She was an alcoholic and spoke with careless anger. It was sad to see actually. Given the past situations, I would’ve thought that Merica’s mom would’ve taken care of her, but I guess I was wrong. From what Merica has told me, I guess it hasn’t changed much, but I could see it. I could see how Merica is getting slightly thinner, how her clothes are getting baggier, and how it looks as if she’s going to collapse any second.

I have to hand it to Merica though, she’s great actress, but not good enough.

I took a step towards her and asked, “Are you going to be okay?”

She smiled sadly at me, “Yeah, I think I got this.”

But I saw it. The quiver in her lips that gave her away. She was forcing herself to be strong. Urging myself to get on with it, I wrapped my arms around her.

“I’m here. All you have to do is ask.” I hinted. She nodded slightly, but I felt the way her body deflated in exhaustion and I hugged her tighter towards me. Trying not to let my feelings take over, I gave the girl who stole my heart the comfort that she needed. For what seemed like a second, she pulled back and the moment we shared, was over. Merica gave me a small, yet real smile and backed away from my arms. Without another look, she walked out the door, shouting a, “Thanks, Sonny,” over her shoulder before the door slammed shut.

I stared at the door for a while with a hesitant smile on my lips. I shook my head and walked to the kitchen, a full blown grin on my face as I felt continuous tingles run up and down my arm. Making myself a sandwich, I headed towards my room again and plopped on the floor, switching the TV on and putting Despicable Me into my PS3.

Later on into the movie, I got comfortable and stared up at my ceiling. I should be sleeping with the knowledge that school is tomorrow, but I didn’t.

Then I made a risky choice.

Getting up, I walked towards Willow’s room across the hall and opened the door. I peeked in and saw her asleep, snoring quite loudly, might I add. Chuckling to myself, I tiptoed in and went to shake Willow awake.

“Hey, Will? Wake up; I need to tell you something.”

“Hm…. What? Tell me tomorrow, I’m…. shwleepin…” she grumbled.

Groaning inwardly, I shook her awake, successfully this time.

“What do you with my life?”

Laughing at her angered expression, I plastered a serious expression on my face.

“I need to tell you something about Mer---“

I was cut off by the shrill of my cell phone. I patted my pockets and then pulled it out.

“Hello?” I greeted.

“Sonny, he’s back.” Came Merica’s scared reply.

I almost dropped my phone.

“WHAT?!”

I stared at the floor incredulously. He couldn’t be back. That bastard. I thought I took care of him the last time. Guess not. I sighed and looked up at Willow, almost jumping when I remembered she was there. Her eyes were filled with alarm and I shook my head, dismissing her. From the strangled sobs I can hear through the phone, Merica needed me more.