"Just get me my medication in the kitchen cabinet," Niall breathed hard, his blue eyes pleaded. Even if Zayn wanted to argue with Niall, it was pointless either way. He gently put Niall down on the ground, sprinting where the medication was. After a couple of seconds, the four small bottles were shaking in his hands, confused which medication was the right one.

"Which o-one?" Zayn squeaked his voice. The fear was still inside his mind, picturing Niall lying down in a coffin.

"The blue one."

Zayn opened the bottle with small pills on it, handing it to Niall. He saw how Niall swallowed the pills. Niall's Adam apple bobbed slowly as it became a seductive sight for Zayn. As the sexual urges bothered Zayn, making him want to jump Niall, and have his way with him but Niall's health took precedence over anything. Somehow, that made Zayn a little bit distracted.

"Niall..." Zayn called out. Niall turned, seeing those blue eyes that captured his life essence. Zayn slowly swallowed the big lump of saliva lodging at the back of his throat. "You need to―" A loud ringing sound halted Zayn's words. He scoffed off before pushing himself up and reaching for the home phone, answering it.

"Hello..."

"May I speak with Mr. Horan?" A familiar voice talking on the other line. Zayn looked down at Niall on the ground, staring at him with a questioning look.

"Hold on," he answered, handing the phone to Niall.

"Hello?" Niall replied, trying to stabilize his squeaky voice.

"Good morning, Mr. Horan. This is Dr. Thompson," Niall heard the familiar voice, recalling the same doctor who tended him when he was rushed to the hospital weeks ago. He wondered why he would call on his home phone.

"What's this about, Dr. Thompson?"

"I've received a call from the pharmacy, letting me know that you haven't picked up your medication." Fear spread through within Niall, knowing that he couldn't pay for the rest of his medication. When he left the hospital, he stalled and lied, telling the doctor that he'll pick it up right away. The prescribed medicines weren't covered by his health insurance and Niall couldn't afford them right now. He might as well live off on streets in able to pay for his pills.

The overwhelming need to eavesdrop took control over Zayn as he eavesdrop on the phone conversation. At the back of his mind, he knew it was wrong at so many levels because when it comes to Niall, reason and logic doesn't matter at all. Being in the right or wrong don't apply anymore. Zayn has this unyielding notion of protecting Niall at all costs. He noticed Niall became nervous all of a sudden, wondering what could cost it.

"Oh, I totally forgot," Niall chuckled, lying through his teeth. He looked down at the four pill bottles scattered on the floor. He picked them one by one, shaking them, making a rattling sound. Niall knew that the pills would last for another three days or so. "I'll pick them up later."

"Good, Mr. Horan. And remember, there's a reason why these are called maintenance medication. You have to take them on a regular basis, meaning every day. I'm sure you know what that means, Mr. Horan."

Niall nodded, fully understanding what the doctor was saying. His mind already made up to stop taking his medications altogether. Niall was unable to pay for them so he was going to risk his health in exchange for his low finances. But when he noticed that he's getting worse then

he'll buy it again and by that time, Niall hoped that he has enough money to buy them.

"Yes, Dr. Thompson. I understand it very well," Niall smiled but he knew deep inside he was worried that his heart would fail him anytime of the day.