Building my Network

I stand back as I hear the sounds of footsteps rushing down the stairs. I wink at her and begin doing the dishes. "Go get him, Carly. He'll pay for what he did." I keep my back turned to the pack as they rush downstairs. Listening closely, I take note of how they each greet Carly. Most throw her insults, but some treat her nicely and tell her how beautiful she looks in the dress. I raise my nose slightly and take a whiff of the air, smelling someone absolutely reeking with power. Ah. It looks like our young Alpha-to-Be has joined us mere mortals. 

    I turn around slightly so that I can see what's going on. Smirking a bit, I watch as Carly blushes and hands him the plate. He snatches out of her hands and sneers at her. "What the hell are you wearing, slut? You look horrible. Even worse than usual. I can't stand to look at you. Get out of here, and maybe I'll let you eat my leftovers.... if there are any. Mutt." Carly looks down and walks over to me sadly as the asshole sits down with his friends, laughing. I hand her an extra omelette I made just for her. "F-for me? But... I'm not allowed to eat....." I smile sadly at her. "Oh, Hun. He can't control you. You are your own person, and too good for him anyways. You need to eat or else you'll starve! Besides," I grin and gesture to Trevor. "The entertainment's about to begin. Everyone needs food with entertainment." Carly grins and nods, then begins to shovel down the food. I wonder how long it's been since she's properly eaten.

     I turn to examine Trevor. Brown hair and blue eyes. A chiseled chin. Stubble on said chin. A tight body with an eight pack. Meh. He would be hot if he weren't an asshole. I scan the rest of the pack, taking in more detail then the first day or so. There's Carly, then Cory and Matthew. Cory and Matthew are sitting together and making faces in their food. A slight movement in the corner of my eye catches my attention and I turn to look at it. Pale-skinned, the boy brushes the black hair away from his green eyes. He's wearing all black and has purple earbuds in. I tilt my head as he frowns and turns away from the pack, bringing his food to a different, lonely corner.

     "UGH! OH MY GOD, THIS TASTES LIKE SHIT! I NEED WATER!" Trevor barrels past me and sticks his head under the faucet, gulping water. I giggle and go to stand next to Carly, who is silently laughing. "You like the show?" Carly nods and doubles over, hair covering her face. "YOU!" I look up with a raised eyebrow. Trevor narrows his eyes, his vision focused on Carly. "You did this, didn't you. You cooked me a poisoned omelette, didn't you, skank? Well guess what? I, Soon-to-be Alpha of the Swift Winds pack, hereby cast you, Carly-" In a flash my hand is over his mouth, staring into his eyes. I tilt my head slightly. "I wouldn't finish that sentence if I were you, pup. It might end.... badly. And after all, you don't want to cast out your MATE, do you?" The pack gasps. "Trevor? Is this true?" I look to my left and smirk. "It looks like your dear daddy has decided to join us for breakfast. Carly and I will leave you alone for now. Have a nice heart to heart chat, Ok?" I take my hand off of his mouth and smile at the terrified expression on his face. I step back. "Just remember, pup. Revenge is both Crunchy and Spicy." I turn to the pack, eyes hardened. "Training starts in twenty minutes. I expect everybody to be there." My hair falls over my eyes, shadowing the top half of my face. "Or else."  

     With that, I grab Carly's hand and take her to change into exercise clothes.