Omelettes

I wake up early, as per frickin usual. Why can't I sleep in? Oh yeah, because the prison guards woke us up at five thirty in the morning, every morning. Whoopee. Oh, well. I'm hungry anyhow. I get up out of bed and look down. I really need new clothes. All I have is the orange prison jumpsuit over a white tank-top and white spandex shorts. I take off the top half of the jumpsuit, tying the arms together in front of me (like the girl in Portal). I smile and begin walking downstairs.

I get to the kitchen only to discover that the light is already on. I peek around the corner There is a girl in there. She's about sixteen, with Chocolate brown hair. She looks skinny, almost malnourished, and she has huge bags undeer her brown eyes, which look sad. I frown. Somebody in her state should be asleep, not puttering around, getting ready to make.... well, based off the ingredients, omelettes. I step into the kitchen

"Excuse me?" I stand in the doorway. The girl jumps and spins to face me, then shrinks back in fear. I don't blame her. Orange prison jumpsuit, dirty white tanktop, and half my hair sticking up, along with my reputation? Not to mention the fact I probably look like a zombie come back to life...... "I hold my hands out in a comforting gesture. " Hey, I'm not going to hurt you! I'm actually a nice person. Please don't be afraid. My names Winter, what's yours?" she looks uncertain for a moment, the taps her throat and shakes her head. I understand immediately. " You're mute?" She nods her head, then looks down ashamed. " Oh, well that's ok! We can still talk!" She looks up confused.

I nod. " I can create a telepathic link, just between us. Then I can hear what you have to say! It'll hurt for a second, But then it'll be fine." She hesitates. " Please? I really want to get to know you, you seem nice," I beg. She finally nods. "Yes!" I fist pump the air. She giggles. " Ok, so I need to carve a symbol into the inside of your left wrist. Is that ok?" She nods and sticks out her wrist. I grab the knife with the smallest blade and press it into her wrist, not hard enough to draw blood. Not yet, anyway. " are you sure you're ok with this? I don't want to force you." She nods and squeezes her eyes shut. I press down and break the skin with the knife. She flinches, but doesn't pull away. Ok, now the tricky part. I carve a straight line down her wrist, Then, without lifting the knife, turn and carve a short line diagonally back towards her hand, and, again without lifting the knife,turn the knife one more time to create a diagonal line, long this time, going away from the hand and intersecting the first line.

The girl hisses as blood drips down her wrist, and quickly I press the inside of my left wrist to hers. There is a flash, and I lift my wrist. The girl stares down at hers in wonder. Instead of blood and a strange cut, there is now a iridescent black tattoo in the same shape as the cut I had made. I have the same one on my wrist, except I got mine a long time ago. Anyone who has the mark on the inside of thier left wrist can communicate telepathically. It is a secret known only to the Sirens. That is how I know I am the last one. All Sirens are born with the mark. We could all communicate telepathically. If any were left alive, they would have contacted me by now. I feel a barrier break in my mind and a tentative voice rings out in my head. "H-hello? Winter, can you hear me?" Loud and clear." I grin and look at the girl. She's smiling so wide It looks like her face might break. "My name's Carly! It's so nice to talk again!"  "Don't you talk using the pack link?" I ask, using my real voice. I prefer talking that way. "Oh.... no. My mate, the Alpha-To-Be, rejected me. He also forbid me from using the pack link to communicate, and made me the packs omega and punching bag." She said sadly. " What?! Does the Alpha know about this?" She shook her head. 

Hmm... I was planning on visiting him later anyways. I smile and change the subject. " So, were you making Omelettes?" Carly nodded. "My mate forces me to cook for the pack, and only lets me eat the scraps...." " That is SO not ok. Do you want revenge?" Carly nods, smiling. " Alrighty, then. What's your mates name? " "Trevor."  I grin. " I hope Trevor likes the taste of egg shells and hot sauce...."