Fright Night.

I dont think I ever ran as much as I did that night. My Old gym teacher would have had a heart attack if she had saw me with all the power and fear my legs ran with.

I anxiously tried to hop across my neighber's  tall wooden  fence. My heavy combat boots made it  impossible to jump as high.

Instead I bounced off the wall with a hard fall. I was to shocked to feel the pain. 

There I was laying helplessly on the ground my lungs and heart pounding in my chest.

I looked up at the stars and the moon and prayed for some type of miracle.

Suddenly there was the red wolf leaping towards me, landing on top of me my shoulder blades pinning my arms down.

I was frozen, The world had slowed and I couldn't scream My eye lids shuttered and the world went  black.  

                                               Next morning-

I woke to the sound of a kettle hissing from the kitchen.

When I opened my eyes and began to panic, I couldn't see anything.

"Was I blind?  What happened last night?  Where am I?" My mind was going a million miles wondering.

I brought my hands up and took the wet rag off my eyes.

My Dad was sitting on the edge of my bed staring at me with shame and anger in his dark blue eyes.

"Who gave you alcohol last night?"  He asked .

"What? I didn't drink last night" I pleaded

" Amber, you were passed out in the Jennings yard."

I couldnt argue with him anymore and closed my eyes to go back to sleep.

When I woke back up my dad wasn't there and neither was the day.

I pulled myself up and stood at the foot of my bed and stared at my full length  mirror on the back of my  closed door.

I didn't look like I had been attacked the only thing wrong I saw with my appearance was that my hair had needed a wash.

I slowly began to strip and look for bruises or scars, any proof that what happened wasn't just a dream.

I only had to take off my shirt and saw four long claw marks down my stomach.

My eyes widened and I stepped closer to get a better examination of myself.

Nothing was abnormal about the bottom half of my body.

I turned around and saw a flesh deep wound, a bite mark.

I had to tell my Dad, I had to get medical attention.

I put a tank top on so I could show him the wounds. I slowly paced down the steps into the kitchen.

My Dad was sitting at the counter clicking away on his lap top in front of him.

"Dad? Can you look at this?"

He stared up from the screen and waited for me to explain what he was looking for.

I tugged my shirt up only to where it met my bra.  Then I lifted my hair back and turned so he could see the bite mark.

"What happened?" he asked being more gentler than he had been in the morning.

" I was attacked last night" I said.

"Somebody bit you???"

"No um.....A wild wolf thing did." I knew I had lost him once again when I said that.

"Get in the car. We will see if your okay. It could have had rabies"

I was pleased that he didnt ask anymore question and beleived my unbelievable story.