Chapter 30: "Harold and Neil are outsiders."

Start from the beginning

I motioned for him to continue, not completely having the knowledge of where he was headed with this.

"The reason I didn't invite you first was because...well, damn, I don't quite have an explanation for that other than word gets around rather quickly. But in all honesty," Louis sighed through his nose, "I don't want people touching you."

"What?" I was confused.

Louis rolled his eyes at my dumb question as if I were stupid, "Parties, most of mine, contain; alcohol, hook-ups, and lots of grinding. I didn't want you to be in the mix of that shit. Especially not if some dumb drunk lad decides to put his filthy hands on you. I don't want to be responsible, either."

I ignore the last part of his explanation because of the fact that i'm capable of taking care of myself. I know exactly what to do if some idiot touches me.

"What about Harry and Niall? They're your friends, aren't they?"

"Not anymore really," Louis snickered, "Harold and Neil are outsiders anyway. They don't like football, or rock bands, I think it's entirely safe to say they can't go."

I rolled my eyes at Louis' childishness. It was exactly like a first grader and his birthday party - if someone in his homeroom didn't like what he liked, they weren't invited. That was definitely the occasion, and I began to feel even worse about his two friends that were often excluded from almost everything. An idea popped into my brain, and I mentally smiled at how us three could make our Friday night even better.

"...Bottom line, I reckon it's safer if you didn't attend," Louis' voice says, and I realize he was talking the entire time.

"Sure, whatever," I waved him off, ready to leave the closet and get to class. I was sure that the bell had already rang by now.

Louis sighed, placing his cold hands on both my arms. "Glim, this is fucking pointless if you're not going to speak to me."

"No it's not, it's perfectly fine. I won't go to your party, I don't care really."

"Good," Louis smiles. "You better not be lying to me."

I reach for the door handle, "Sure, whatever."

-

"Okay, Niall, I think we're going with your plan," I open the front door to my house and let the Niall and Harry inside, hoping that my mother wouldn't query me. I shoved the boys past the thankfully empty living room and into my bedroom.

"What plan?" A familiar voice asks, and the three of us snap our gaze towards my closet. Michael Clifford is stood there, holding a slice of pizza in one of his hands and a shirt of mine in the other.

We all freeze by the door at the sight of Louis' friend in my bedroom unexpectedly. Harry and Niall give each other shocked glances before they each exchange one with me. I calm them down though, and glance towards Michael who shrugs and takes a large bite from his pizza.

"Why are you here? There's no tutoring today - wait, actually we stopped doing that a while ago, Michael."

He draped my shirt over his shoulder and sat carelessly on my bed. "When there's free pizza, Mikey flees to that destination. Your hot mum ordered me one when I came here for her. Now tell me what's this plan?"

Niall's blue eyes widened at me.

"Michael," I began, "we can trust you right? I mean you're one of Louis' friends and I don't want him to know about this plan."

The pale boy on my bed shrugged his shoulders, "Shouldn't you already know the answer to that, Glimmer? I'm just as trustworthy as Robin is to Batman...or how Will Smith is to Agent Kay on Men In Black."