“Children!” Aphrodite clapped, “Let’s do a little theater, shall we? The famed balcony scene?” She squealed, “Oh I just love that! It’s so romantic!” I resisted the urge to vomit.

“Can I please be Juliet?” Calypso called.

“Why of course! Come on up, my sweet.” Calypso bounced to the front in her disgustingly girly floral dress. Who wears a dress in November anyways?!

“We need a Romeo!” Aphrodite sang. Every boy in the class started raising their hand and shouting, including my boyfriend!

“Percy!” I hissed.

“What’s that? Percy?” Aphrodite cupped her ear dramatically, “Well ok then, if you insist my darling!” I didn’t even bother hiding my glare towards her while Percy stumbled to the front in a daze.

“So uh… what now?” He asked stupidly. Aphrodite tapped her chin with a perfectly manicured nail.

“Well, I don’t exactly have a copy on me at the moment. I supposed you’ll just have to wing it.” She says calmly, “Just remember; it’s after the party and Juliet is out on her balcony thinking about Romeo and feeling guilty about loving him.” Calypso batted her eyelashes at Percy. I bet she didn’t feel guilty in the least.

“Annabeth, care to tell the class what happens next?” Aphrodite asked me.

“Romeo comes out of the bushes telling her she’s beautiful, and then they kiss.” I grumbled. Why was Aphrodite doing this to us? I thought Percy and me were her favorite couple!

“It’s so dramatic and love-filled! And what’s love without a little drama, eh Annabeth?” She winked again. Well, there was my answer, “You may begin, children!”

Calypso dramatically leaned against the teacher’s desk.

“Oh Romeo, ROMEO!” She wailed. I ground my teeth but stayed silent, “Oh how I wish you weren’t a Montague! ROMEO!” She certainly didn’t have a career in acting.

“Uh… Juliet?” Percy said awkwardly, “You’re uh… you’re really pretty… and stuff.” He kept glancing towards me. I bit my tongue and gave him an It’s ok, just get it over with look.

“Oh Romeo, you came back for me!” Calypso said. She took a step and threw her arms around Percy. I winced.

“Um yeah, I did. I think you’re pretty and… yeah.” He said lamely. At least Percy didn’t seem to care. Not that I was worried about him leaving me just because him and Calypso did one skit in class, I just didn’t like the idea of my boyfriend kissing another girl. Even if it was fake.

“Then prove it! Kiss me Romeo!” Here we go. Calypso winked at me, then puckered her lips. Percy looked a little green as he started to lean forward just a little bit. Aphrodite’s eyes darted between my emotionless expression, and Percy’s discomfort. Percy and Calypso’s lips met in the middle. Leo reached over the aisle and patted my shoulder. Calypso wrapped herself around my boyfriend and completely melted into the kiss while Percy looked like he was kissing Ares and about to vomit. 

“Ok, scene over, we’re done!” Percy stumbled backwards and looked at me. I stayed expressionless, but inside I was flaming.

“That was lovely, children.” Aphrodite said, “You know, we might was well have you two do the dying scene too…” She sang. Oh that is it!

“This is highly inappropriate for a high school English class!” I burst.

“What’s the matter, Annabeth? Afraid your little boyfriend will leave you for me?” Calypso asked maliciously.