1. The Meeting

"WHOOHOO!" Lei whooped as she swung through the air on a vine and let go to leap to the next one. Her auburn hair had broken loose from it's braid and was now flowing wildly around her face, but she didn't care. She felt free flying through the air as the rush of excitement and fear coursed through her veins whenever she let go of the vine to leap and catch the next one. She gave a whoop and continued swinging through the air from tree to tree like a madwoman.

Suddenly, the vine she attempted to grab slipped from the girls grasp. Lei gave a loud yell as she tumbled through the air. As she fell, she heard the roar of a dragon and saw something dark zip past her before she landed painfully on something hard.

"Owww...thanks Brightclaw." Lei groaned as she tried sitting up onto the Razorwhip that caught her.

"You could have killed yourself Lei! You know how your mother hates it whenever you get hurt and almost die like that." Brightclaw scolded as she landed on a thick branch.

"Sorry but accidents are bound to happen." Lei replied with a shrug. Brightclaw sent a glare at the teen, but it faded away when they heard the sound of another dragon approaching them. A few seconds later a blue and red Rumblehorn flew out from the trees and flew up to them before motioning for Brightclaw to follow. Both dragons flew towards the trees before landing on a different one.

"Are you alright? Did you break anything? Lei you know how I feel about you swinging on vines do you?" The Rumblehorn asked the human with a concerned look.

"I'm fine Knockout really! I just need to be more quicker and be more careful." Lei said with an assuring smile. "My hand just slipped."

"Lei, I had been raising you for over eighteen years and I know one of these days you are going to get yourself killed because you aren't careful. Please just be more cautious from now on alright?"

Lei gave a sigh and nodded silently. "Alright I'll be more careful, mother."

"Then let's go home." Knockout sighed. Lei climbed off Brightclaw and clamored onto Knockout's back, seating herself on her neck and holding onto her horns.

Both dragons took off and flew through the trees till they reached a large cove. Inside was a giant pool and several dragons surrounding it with their nests strewn all around. The two dragons and the girl walked towards a giant rock where an enormous red Monstrous Nightmare named Flaresight sat on. He was the ruler of their little clan, but despise his frightening appearance he was wise and gentle and cared for all the dragons that lived under his rule. Beside him was his mate, a deep blue female Monstrous Nightmare named Sapphire. The three of them lowered their heads in respect to their alpha when they reached the rock.

"Lei, I have heard that you almost injured yourself today." Flaresight commented.

Lei raised her head to look at him in the eye. "I'm fine right now sir. I promise to be more careful. It's just that I can't get around that well on the ground despite that I am agile as a deer. The vine just snapped under me that's all."

"You're bleeding!" Sapphire cried out in horror and quickly climbed down from her spot next to her mate. Lei looked down at her body in confusion and saw blood between her legs. A small curse escaped her lips.

"I think my legs rubbed against Brightclaw's scales." She said nervously. Sapphire sniffed the blood that was slowly trickling down to her ankle.

"Go wash up and bandage your wounds little one." Sapphire sighed and nudged Lei towards the pool.

Flaresight watched his mate guide the girl towards the pool to clean herself off. "It's hard to believe she was the same crying babe from eighteen years ago." He said to Knockout and Brightclaw. Ever since his mate brought Lei to the island things had been different and a bit difficult for her, but Lei had managed to overcome everything that came her way.