Chapter 10: Dark Rain & Deep Pain

Magsimula sa umpisa

I look over at Jonathan, and he shrugs at me, nodding his head.

"Yeah, Kaner and I are in." Jonathan says.

"Sick. Let's head to The Windy City Night Bar. See you guys in twenty." Duncs says, as he leaves the locker room, hockey bag slung over his shoulder.

I finish packing up my stuff, and then leave the United Center.

I throw my large hockey bag into the trunk of my car, and then get in.

I look up at the sky, where dark thunder clouds are visible just outside of the city.

They are moving towards the city, and fast.

It's been really hot lately, so it's no surprise that we are going to get a thunderstorm tonight.

I start the car, and make my way down the road towards The Windy City Night Bar.

***

"Damn it's raining hard!" Bicks calls out, as Jonathan, Bryan, Brandon, and myself make our way out of the bar, towards the parking lot.

It's about 10:30 in the evening, and the four of us decided that it was time for us to head back home.

"I know, it's so loud!" Saader yells, his voice hardly audible, because of the sound of the rain.

I look up at the sky, covering my face with my hand as best as possible.

The rain pours down on my face, rolling down my cheeks, and through my hair.

My t-shirt is soaking wet, and there is nothing I can do to change that now.

I have literally just walked outside the bar, and I am already soaking wet.

It's dark out, but you can really tell that the sky is even darker tonight, because of the obvious, large storm cloud that sits just above us.

Every few moments, a large sheet or fork of lightning will appear, followed by a deafening roar of thunder.

It's as if the Gods are fighting.

"Well, I'm headed to my car! Drive safe boys!" Jonathan calls, as he makes his way down to the other side of the parking lot where he parked.

The four of us say our quick goodbyes, and I locate my car, getting in as fast as possible.

I close the door behind me, and the rain makes loud patters against the outside of my car.

I start the car, rubbing my hands together.

The rain is cold too.

I can't even imagine how bad that storm cloud is.

I haven't seen a storm like this in ages.

You can hardly see halfway up any of the buildings in Downtown, because of the visibility.

I start the car, as well as my windshield wipers, and back out of my parking spot.

I turn out of the parking lot, almost unable to see the road completely.

Thankfully, Trump Tower isn't far from the bar, so it's a short five minute drive down the road.

Within five minutes, I have reached the underground parking lot, and have parked my car.

I get out, and notice that I have made the driver's seat soaking wet.

"Fuck." I mutter.

Whatever.

I'll have to deal with that later.