Capítulo 1

Steve and Natasha waited Dr. Cho on her office. Natasha was already lying on the stretcher and Steve was standing next to her. He started to walk back and forth.

N: Could you be quiet? You driving me crazy.

S: Why is taking so long?

N: Steve, we just got here.

S: It was for her be here and if something happens?

N: What can happen? That's just a routine appoiment, I won't give birth now.

Dr. Cho entered the office.

Cho: Sorry I'm late, Mom.

N: Please do not call me that.

Cho: Sorry.

N: How much time am I pregnant?

Cho: Almost two months.

S: Is it a boy or girl?

Cho smiled.

Cho: Well, even with all the technology we have, I can't tell you that yet in such a short time.

N: And how is that?

Cho: That what?

N: Being pregnant, what do I have to do?

Cho: Well you have to live normally, Natasha. No alcohol and no coffee. Here's a list of what can't eat and drink.

Cho gave the list to Steve. Natasha looked scared to Cho. Cho noticed the despair of those two. First-time parents.

Cho: Natasha everything is fine, you're going to be okay. You have nothing to worry about.

N: You told to someone about this?

Cho: No, what we say here, stays here.

N: Please don't tell anyone.

Cho consented to the head while Natasha got up and left the room with Steve.

Steve hold Nat's hand and put his other hand on her belly helping her to walk. Natasha stopped and looked him with a raised eyebrow.

N: What is it?

S: I'm helping you.

N: First, get your hands off me, I can walk by myself.

S: Jesus, Natasha, I just want to help.

N: You're treating me as a sick person. Act normally or everybody will notivce.

Steve and Natasha arrived in the room.

N: Steve, I don't want anyone to know about the baby.

S: People will notice your belly, it's already getting bigger.

Natasha looked at her belly and then to Steve, she seemed as if she was going to murder him.

N: I'll go to my flat in the city.

S: What?

N: Yeah, to have more privacy.

S: And I'll stay here?

N: If you want to.

S: Natasha, how this is gonna be? We can't live apart if we will have a son.

N: What do you mean? I will not get married.

S: I know. But we should live together. We already sleep together every day here.

N: Can we talk about this another time? I just want to get out of here.

S: Why?

N: I fear Fury, HIDRA and KGB, besides there are a lot of people with interests on you. I don't want our son involved.

S: Right. You're right.

Steve kissed Natasha's forehead and gave her a peck on her lips.

S: I have to tell Sam.

N: No.

S: He is still upset with me and he's not talking to you. I don't want to hide anything from him.

N: It's not for him, it's for our baby.

S: I trust him. You'll tell Clint, I know.

Natasha sighed.

N: I will not. And neither you. I know it's difficult, but Steve ...

S: Okay.

Natasha wrapped her arms around Steve's neck and stood on her tiptoe.

N: Okay? Don't get upset with me.

Steve hold her waist, while Natasha gave kisses across his face.

S: Okay, Mom.

N: Do not ever call me that.

S: You call me Grandpa.

N: But when I do it is adorable.

S: No, it's not.

N: Steve, do you want to continue making love with me?

S: That's so unfair, Natasha.

Natasha smiled as she rubbed her lips against Steve's.

N: Good boy.

...

Meanwhile in SHIELD, Fury called Maria Hill to chat.

F: You know that you are the employee, that I most trust here, you have been loyal to me all these years, you're the one who could take my place after I left.

H: That's very touching, Fury, but will you retire?

F: No.

H: Are you sick? Are you dying?

F: No, but you never know about the future. Coulson is the only one who knows about who I am naming to take my place in SHIELD. And today I am promoting you as deputy director of SHIELD.

H: But Fury...

F: Uh uh, It is decided.

H: Thank you, sir.

F: Hill, as deputy director, your responsibilities increase, you know that?

Hill consented with the head.

F: On behalf of SHIELD, you will do what is necessary to achieve the interests of SHIELD.

Hill consented with the head again.

F: Well, I need you to keep an eye on these people and get close to them.

Fury passed a file to Hill.

H: But Sir, Natasha...

F: She doesn't need to know. Not even Coulson know about it.

Hill was upset, but didn't show at the time. The skills of hiding emotions was Hill's best skill, people saw her as someone with no heart. Hill takes advantage of it.

The worst for Hill, was knowing how much Natasha considers Fury, and how much Fury is cold when it comes to strategy. Hill didn't know whether to defend her interests as deputy director, or protect the son of her friend and of the other Avengers.