Chapter Twenty-Eight- Quick Last Events

Start from the beginning

"Did you get injected?" I asked.

He nodded, "It's not going to work though. I'm gonna have to do some acting tomorrow."

I sighed, "I guess so."

Both Four and I were silent while we were going to Max's apartment. I had to go to the meeting, which was just probably about what was to happen tomorrow and all that bullshit.

"Are you gonna be okay at the meeting?"

I nodded, "I'm Special Ops, Four. I can handle it."

Four lightly chuckled before stopping in front of Max's door.

"I'll see you at your apartment later," he said, kissing me on the forehead before leaving me in front of the white door alone.

"Here's a toast, for what is to come tomorrow!" Max yelled, holding a beer up in the air.

"Cheers!" Mostly everyone said throughout the apartment before guzzling down a cool beer from the cooler. We had been in here for awhile now, enjoying the company we gave. My father left right after third examinations were done so that he could get his arrangements done.

"Now, a few things before we go to sleep tonight. All of the initiates are programmed to wake up around seven, meaning we are going to have to wake up around six o'clock in order to get ready on time. They will be lining up in the Pit in order to grab the necessary weapons and such. They will be on a train and heading to Abnegation by eight thirty. From then on they will be programmed by the Erudite officials, and Jeanine will be on sight in a shack, waiting for any of us to report. Understood?"

All of us nodded.

"Now, go get a good night's sleep, everyone!" He yelled before everyone got up and started to file out of the room.

Being one of the first people out, I made my way over to Eric's apartment, which was literally three doors down.

"Urgent, are we?" Eric asked smugly.

I yawned, "I just want to sleep."

Eric chuckled, "Okay, then let's get this over with."

Taking out his keys, he unlocked the door and opened it fully, allowing me to go in first. I entered graciously and immediately took a seat on his sofa.

"Now," he said while setting his keys down and turning toward me, "the thing I needed to talk to you about."

I nodded, waiting for him to go on.

"So the plan on transporting us to a safehouse is still up. Once all of the Dauntless soldiers are positioned and ready to go, anyone who isn't under the simulation will be able to get a ride back into Erudite while Jeanine makes the final call."

I sighed, "And if it doesn't happen like that?"

Eric shrugged, "Than we'll think of something off the top of our heads. Why do you say that?"

I shrugged, "Anything can happen."

Staring at my hands, I felt a dip on the right side of me.

"Don't worry, while they are under that simulation, there is nothing they can do. Plus, the Divergents will show early signs, meaning that they would be shot and killed before they even got onto the train."

I nodded, sighing quickly.

"And what about Four and I? What am I supposed to do about him?"

Eric sighed, "Well, you don't necessarily have to do anything. You just come with us to the shack in Erudite quarters and never have to see him again."

I sighed in amusement. Well, that isn't gonna happen for sure.

"Alright, I'm gonna go to sleep Eric. Night."

He nodded at me before I swiftly walked out of his apartment.

"Just wait. We'll be together soon enough."

Just as I expected Four was waiting outside my door, smiling at me as I approached.

"You okay?"

I nodded, opening the door, "Yeah, I just don't have a good feeling about what's going to happen."

He sighed, following me into the apartment, "I don't either. But, we'll have to see what happens."

"Right. Well, you are gonna have to be up before seven, since that is when they plan on having the initiates up."

Four nodded, coming towards me and wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm scared, Four."

"Adelaide? Scared? That's something I wouldn't think I'd hear," Four stated blankly.

I sighed, "Well, I'm human."

Both of us stood in silence, enjoying the last chance that we may have together.

"Do you want to stay?" I asked, offering the least bit of hospitality.

I could feel Four tense up slightly at my friendly gesture.

"You don't have to, I just-"

"No, I want to," he said, smiling lightly.

I looked up into his eyes and smiled before I led him into my room. While he was in there, I ran into Lucas's room to grab some pajama bottoms for him. Coming into the room I threw them right at him, laughing at his shocked face before going to my own drawers and grabbing my pajama items.

Soon enough we were laying under the covers in my bed, holding each other's hand before we started to fade into sleep.

"Addy?"

"Yes?"

"We'll get through this, I promise."