Chapter 1: A New (And Old) Face

(Unknown pov)

I watch the boy from the shadows. His head is buried in his knees and he's crying. I can sense the thoughts in his head. He's upset about his Master's 'death'. Good. Let him be. It will only help him in his fall to the dark side. He's strong-willed. Like I was.

I turn my gaze to Jai Kell, the Cadet. The real one. He's still unconscious. He'll be easy to turn. He's untrained, unfocused, and just a simple Lothalian. He won't be hard to conquer. Just then, Jai stirs and sitting up, groans. Almost as if he senses me watching him. The Padawan jolts his head upright, and brushes away his tears with his hand.

"Hey Jai," he says softly. "I'm sorry I got you into this."

"It's fine. Glad I know the truth about the Empire anyway... Hey, you alright?" Jai asks, nothing the look on his friend's face.

"I'm fine. Just upset about my Master." He says, turning away.

"I... I'm sorry," Jai says, looking unsure of what to do.

After a moment of silence:

"How are we going to get out of here?" The Padawan asks, regaining his tough composure and turning back to Jai. "Because I'm going to be honest, I have no idea where we are."

Jai is about to respond, but then turns slowly and spots me watching. He sensed me. "Ezra," he says quietly, nudging him. The Padawan turns to me and stares at me silently, shocked. I open the door to the cell and enter.

"I am an Inquisitor." I say as the door slides shut behind me. "It's good to see you again, Ezra. Son."