Chapter One: Being Called a B*tch

Start from the beginning

“For what?”

“For telling me your name.”

The silence was killing me and the fact it was so dark didn’t help either.

“Hey,” I heard him say and I slightly jumped on my seat before facing again, “Hmm?”

“I’m sorry,” he apologized and I scrunched up my eyebrow in response.

“What for?”

He was right; I scrunched up my eyebrows too often.

“I saw how sad you were when I called you a bitch,” he explained, “So I’m sorry.”

I don’t know why but a smile made its way to my lips. He actually apologized and here I thought he was a jerkass.

“Thanks,” I mumbled again then we were back to that uncomfortable silence.

I’m quite prone into falling into these situations, am I?

“So…” I drawled out awkwardly then as if God heard me, I saw a flash of light appear on the hallway. I abruptly stood up and raced to the door. When I saw the security guard, I felt like the angels were singing and the heaven opened up.

I felt footsteps behind me and the next thing I knew, Drew was beside me. He waved at the security guard and he approached the two of us, “Locked in again, Drew?” the man asked.

I guess my theory on the fact he got locked in often was confirmed.

“Yeah, John,” Drew chuckled at the adult and the two of them bursts into laughter. The guard’s eyes fell upon me and I felt slightly uncomfortable under his gaze.

“Who’s the pretty lady?”

“Celeste, she’s our student body president,” he introduced and I waved awkwardly.

John examined my face for a while before smirking at Drew, “You got yourself a keeper, Drew.”

I blushed instantly before Drew mumbled words to deny his assumptions.

“Well, I guess it’s best if you two get going now,” John said, "Try not to get locked in the next time."

They shared a bid of farwell and Drew started to walk down the hall.

“Thank you, sir,” I stated appreciatively, he smiled at me and gestured for me to go after Drew. Giving him one last thankful look, I hurried to catch up with Drew's fast paced walk.

When I stepped outside the school, the cold winter air bit my skin. I was weak when it comes to cold temperature so even with my coat and scarf on, I started shivering like a wet dog.

As if it couldn’t get any worse, my teeth started chattering, claiming the attention of the boy next to me. He looked down at me and sighed before taking off his coat and draping it over my shoulder, “B-but you’ll freeze,” I stuttered and I’m quite sure it isn’t from the temperature outside that made my cheeks go red.

“At least you’ll stop chattering,” he reasoned with a shrug but I can see the tinges of pink on his cheeks. I don’t know if he’s blushing or it’s from the cold.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

Now, I have the unbearable task of walking home. Last night I was up until five in the morning studying for a history test earlier today and I didn’t trust myself in driving at such a sleepy state so I called Jessica to pick me up for school.

I didn’t quite plan to be dumped with so much work and get locked inside the school.

Today is not my day. I deserve a hot bubble bath and a marathon of SpongeBob.