Chapter 1

It was August 15th, 2010. I thought my dad was dead. He was shot in the chest during a shootout with the police department and these other men. It was a few weeks we thought he was dead. I was at an Atlanta camp with a group of survivors. Their was Theodore Douglas (T-Dog), Andrea and Amy, Glenn Rhee, the Morales family, Jim, Shane Walsh, Dale Horvath, Daryl and Merle Dixon, Jacqui, Carol Peletier, Ed Peletier, and the best of all, Sophia Peletier. She was my best friend. My only friend. We always played around camp and had the best time.
"Hey Carl, come here!" that was Sophia.
"Coming Sophia!" I was running towards her as fast as I could. I loved her in the boyfriend and girlfriend kind of way. But she didn't love me like that.
"Tag, you're it!" yelled Sophia while she hit me in the back. I didn't really like this game, but for her, I would do anything. I ran towards her faster than ever before, and I poked her in the neck and said,
"Try to get me, Sophia." So we ran a few laps around camp having the time of our lives.
"Sweety, done be so loud. You will attract them." That was my mom. She and my dad have been fighting lately and she thought he was dead. When she heard he was "dead" she realized that she needed to not take anybody for granted. "Ok mom," I said in a low voice.
"So what do you want to do?" Sophia asked me.
"Well, we better hit the books. Since the schools are shut down, we need to study ourselves." She didn't like this idea.
I wanted to flirt as much as I could, so I pulled the comedian act. "Have you heard what math stands for?" I ask her. "No. what?" "Mental Abuse To Humans!" This wasn't my best joke, but I had to try something. It still made her giggle. "Sounds like you got that one off of a Popsicle stick!" she joked. "That's because I did." this made her laugh. "I have something to say to you, and I was wondering if you feel the same way," here was the moment I had been waiting for. She was about to ask me "the question." or so I thought. "Go ahead. I think I know what you're about to say," I said while blushing. "Your mom hasn't been so happy lately." UGH! I CAN SEE THAT! TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT KNOW! UGH! "She hasn't. But I need to tell you something Sophia. Something important. I... I... I love you."