Introduction

Everything I knew about the world was a lie. Family? Gone. Normality? Gone. Relationships? Gone. But I was soon to meet a girl. Blonde hair, blue eyes that glowed in the shining of the sun, her teeth, despite of the world we live in, were whiter than the clouds of heaven. I knew, that this relationship was going to last. My mom and dad, well, they haven't been getting along lately. But I knew that I had it better than she did. Her father, Ed, abused her and her mom, Carol. He forced Carol to wear un-stylish clothes and to shave her head so nobody would have desire for her. He sexually abused my Sophia. But I am so happy he is gone now. Carol can grow her hair out. Sophia can live free. But there is no living free in this world. But she had hope for the future. She thinks we can beat this world. I thought, what kind of a crazy person is she? It has been five years since the apocalypse has begun. It just keeps getting worse. We met at a camp in Atlanta when we were about 12. She was my only friend. She was the only person I could run around with. She was there for me at every situation. I shouldn't have taken it for granted. These are the kind of things that keep us happy. That keep us from going insane. But one day, she was gone forever.