Confessions and Comas

I sighed as I walked back to my locker, completely forgetting about my new locker mate. Ugh. I leaned against the next locker, since he took up the entire locker. 5 min passed and I sighed loudly. He leaned back and looked at me.

“Can I help you?” He asked with his eyebrow raised.

“As a matter of fact you can.” I said with a sweet smile and shoved him out of my way.

“What the hell?” He said all mad now. I rolled my eyes. Oh, puh-lease.

I got my stuff out of my l- our locker, as he fumed, leaning on the opposite wall. After I gathered all of my things, I smirked as I passed him in the hallway. I pushed the door open and hopped in my Ashton Martin. I sped off towards home. I heard a loud horn honking and some screeching. Startled, I looked around. I turned my headjust in time to see a silver Audi speeding towards my car.

I didn’t scream or have my whole life flash before my eyes or whatever. The thing I had time to think was, ‘MY CAR!’.

I woke up a little disoriented. Everything was so friggin white. What the hell? I looked around, after blinking several times and realized that I was in a hospital. My eye was itching, so I tried to lift my arm and wipe , though it felt extremely heavy and I couldn’t lift it. Was I paralyzed? I thought with a panic. In my panic I started to move around. I sighed a heavy sigh of relief. I wasn’t paralyzed. Then, what was up with my arm? I looked over and noticed the top of a shaggy chocolate head. Who the hell? I flicked him in the head. No response. I reached out a bit and poked him in the eye. He made this really loud snoring sound and popped up and leaned his elbow on the bed like he was never sleeping. Yeah, right.

“Caught red handed.” I said, though I was surprised when my voice came out really raspy. He looked at me and I was confused at first. Why was this incredibly sexy guy in my room, sleeping on my arm? Then I realized who he was.

I drank some water from the glass he handed me and said, “Thanks, what are you doing here?”

“Well, hello to you too. I was sent to give you some of your lessons to read, when you woke up. They sent it before they knew you were in a comma, so it’s all excused now.” He looked down before saying the rest, “You, uh, looked so peaceful and your parents couldn’t make it. I don’t see what could have been so important that they couldn’t come to see their comatose daughter. I didn’t want to leave you alone.” He finally looked at me, with a sheepish smile on his face. I caught myself smiling back.

“Wait, comatose? What do you mean comatose?” I asked. What I really wanted to know was how long I was out.

“Yeah, you’ve been in a coma for the last week.” He looked down and pressed some button. A week’s not that bad. A few seconds later, a handsome doctor waltzed in.

“How are you feeling?” He asked. How do I look, doc?

“I’m feeling okay, doc. Could you tell me how my car is?” I asked hopefully. My dad had put armored steel on it, but I don’t think it helped that much. Something had to happen or hit me in the head.

“Well, I meant to ask you about that. What the heck was on that car? Not a scratch on it. You got a concoction when your car was rammed into a light pole. The top came off and fell on your head.” He said. Damn, betcha I won’t let that top down anymore.

“Well, I’m gonna send a nurse in here to check you out, alright? He can stay as long as likes.” He said and left the room.

I looked back at Tyler and he raised his eyebrows. I raised mine. I still didn’t know why he was here.