I didn't know why I felt the need to participate, but I grabbed the silver pen and autographed, "Lauren Jauregui" on the off white colored paper.

I placed it back on the nightstand and crawled underneath the thick, white blanket. I put myself in the fetal position and let out small cries into the same pillows Dinah, Normani, and many other girls might have also cried in. I cried until I couldn't cry any longer, these are the times I needed my family. I needed them here right now to save me from this nightmare that I would probably never wake up from.

-

[Camila's POV]

What happened to Lauren? Why would she do this for me? What the hell did I do to deserve her?

The sun was slowly setting, I couldn't continue to be in this house. I needed an escape, I just had to leave.

I poked my head out of my door and looked around, I wanted to make sure everything was okay. I tiptoed down the stairs and sprinted out of the front door.

"Okay, there's the junkyard, the burger place, and a library?" I asked myself as I squinted in that direction.

I walked towards the library and noticed a sign on the door. It read, "closed." I was very disappointed because my escape is through reading. If I wasn't satisfied with my reality I was living in, why not dive into a fantasy filled with magic and wonder?

I put my back to the red brick wall and slid down. I put my knees up to my chest and rested my forehead on top of my knee caps. I heard a small bell ding and the door opened, I looked up and saw a tall boy with fair skin and light brown hair looking down at me.

"You okay?" The boy said as he squatted down in front of me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled.

"Your eyes don't say that." He said.

My voice got higher, "what's that supposed to mean?" He put his hands up and said, "no need to get defensive, you just look upset that's all."

"I'm not upset, okay? I'm fine. I'm kind of upset because the library is closed, other than that, I'm perfectly fine." I lied.

He slightly smiled, "I work here, I mean..I could do some overtime, would you like to come in?" His light brown eyes were connecting with mine.

"I mean, you don't have to. I'll just come back tomorrow." I whispered.

He then stood up and put his hand out, "it's fine, name's Shawn by the way." He finished off with a warm smile.

"I'm Camila, it's nice to meet you, Shawn." I said engaging my hand with his.

He lifted me up and opened up the door for me, "go on and enjoy yourself." I looked back at him and smiled, "thank you for doing this, I promise I'll be fast."

He just sat in a desk chair and span around, "don't worry about it, it's not like I have any plans tonight anyways." He then grabbed a pen and placed it on his upper lip as he pushed it out.

"Wow, you're so mature." I laughed.

His eyes widened a bit and removed the pen from his upper lip and lifted it up, "very." He said nonchalantly.

I just laughed at his childish behavior and began to rummage through the isles of books. I was looking for something that had to do with magic, I was a sucker for magical stories.

I yelled, "hey, Shawn!" He responded, "yeah?!" I replied, "where are the fantasy books?!"

I didn't get a response from him, "umm, hello?..." I heard my echo bounce around the entire library. "Boo!" Shawn yelled from behind me. I jumped and turned around to face him, we were very close to one another. A little too close for friendly comfort. I felt his minty breath hovering over my lips, I took a small step back and asked, "why did you scare me?!"