Chapter Twenty Five: Graduation

Start from the beginning

The thought of us marrying each other has never crossed my mind before. The thought of us even liking each other seemed impossible. Now I understand the term never say never. You really don't know that the thing you once thought of as impossible, could actually happen.

This... This was my impossible thing. And I couldn't be happier that it's becoming a reality. Like always, Allah works in wonderful ways. He puts obstacles in our way so that once we've made it through the worst, we can look back and see all that we have been through.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts when all four of my brothers came up to me. "I'm really happy for you." Ismail said as he gave me a bro hug.

"Thanks, oh and I'm sorry about all the things I said when you first came back." I replied honestly. He gave me a don't worry about it look.

"It's cool what you said is true. That's why I decided for my last year of college I'm going to get it done here and earn my masters. I need to be closer to home." He responded as he took a look at the people around him.

"Hey, that's Mahirah! We're in the same class." Uzair exclaimed as he ran to her. I didn't know they knew each other.

"Hey Uzair," Mahirah smiled at him. Suddenly he did something I never thought he would do. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and smiled at her. I guess love can really come at any age.

"Man Uzair got game!" Harun said with a laugh.

"You could never start too young right?" Abdullah added.

These boys will never grow up will they? What am I saying? I used to be one of them.

* * *

Amara Abdullahi

My phone started buzzing in my pocket for a while. I let out a sigh as I got it out and saw a bunch of missed calls and text messages from Amelia. I wonder what's going on... I quickly called her back in panic.

"Hello? Amara? I need to talk to you." She sounded as if she was crying. Okay now I'm seriously started to freak out!

"Amy what's wrong?" I asked worriedly. "I'm fine but I need to talk to you," She said in a shaky voice.

"Okay, where are you?" I asked, getting up from my bed. "I'm at my house. Please hurry!" She said then hung.

I quickly grabbed my keys and rushed out of the house.I know I'm not supposed to be driving yet but since there's no one home I kind of have no choice. After a couple of minutes I arrived at her house and knocked on the door. She quickly opened it and let me in.

"What's wrong?" I asked urgently.

"It's Ahmed. He's leaving, he's going back to Europe! He won't listen to me or my parents. His mind is set, Mara." She responded as she ran a hand through her dark brown hair.

"I think you're the only one who could talk to him." She added. Me? How could I convince him to stay? He won't even make direct eye contact with me.

"Where is he?" I asked uncertainly. It's okay Amara he was one of your best friends, you could talk to him even if he doesn't want to talk to you.