Chapter Twenty Three: When The Unimaginable Happens

Start from the beginning

"I have no idea. If she doesn't turn up in the next hour I'm calling the cops. So for now just hurry up and come home." She concluded and hung up. I quickly drove in the direction of my house in worry. It's okay Hamid... Calm down, everything will be okay. I commanded to myself. I can't freak out right now.

* * *

An hour has passed and she still didn't show. She hasn't called or even accepted any of our calls, and now I'm freaking out as well. "That's it, I'm calling the cops." Amran exclaimed as she got out her phone. "Hello? Yes, I'd like to report a missing person." She said in a shaky voice. Suddenly Juwa started crying so Nur went to go check on her. "Tell me if anything happens." He got up and went to his daughter's room. I just hope Mara is safe wherever she is. If I know anything about my twin, I know that she is a fighter and she always comes out on the other side a stronger person. So if something really did happen to her, then I know she will be okay and come out stronger. Ya Allah please let her be okay, I prayed silently,

"Hey, what's going on?" Zubair asked the moment he saw the looks on our faces.

"It's Amara, she's missing." Amran responded in panic.

"What do you mean she's missing?" He asked as he started pacing back and forth.

"She's not answering any of our phone calls and that's not like her." I responded.

"I'll go look for her." Zubair said as he grabbed his car keys and left the house.

"Wait up!" I exclaimed as I ran after him.

Ya Allah please let her be okay...

Amara Abdullahi

"Get away from me!" I shouted at the top of my lungs feeling nothing but pure anger.

The man with the scar, who's name I figured out was Jeff threw a hard slap against my cheek."Be grateful you aren't dead kid. If it was my decision you would've been long gone by now." He exclaimed as he threw spit at my face. I can't believe that this is happening right, I cried. Ya Allah what did I do to deserve this? Calm down Amara, I told myself. Allah never gives a soul more than they can bare, this is all just a test. I kept on repeating that in my head over and over again.

Suddenly the door opened and in came another man with a suit and tie.

"Boss, what're you doing here? We told you already that we could take care of her."Jeff said in a quivering tone. The man ignored him and walked right up to me. This must be Ibrahim. "Untie her now." Ibrahim said in a commanding tone. As if like scared little kids, the two men quickly untied me like told. Ibrahim grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the small room.The moment we left, he quickly shoved me on the ground making me scrape my arm.

"Now, hand me my whip."

One of the three men who kidnapped me hurriedly grabbed a long whip and handed it to him. He quickly pulled me by my hijab, making me face him. I couldn't help but shake in his grasp. I've never seen someone who looked so evil in my life. "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to mess up this pretty face of yours in order to send a message to your father."

"P-Please just let me go. If you do I won't tell anyone." I tried to reason but it didn't work. Instead he threw a hard punch to my cheek making me bleed once again. "Word of advice. Don't try to reason with me." He stated in a menacing tone.

"Anyways your father should be coming soon," He got up and fixed his tie up. "This will be fun. Especially because not only will he die but you will also see him die. I will make sure of it."