Chapter Twenty One: New Arrivals

Start from the beginning

"I just got done seeing Juwa and I saw you sitting here... Are you okay?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows. I have to tell him...someone... I can't deal with this alone. Suddenly I remembered what the caller said. If I tell anyone then something really bad could happen. I can't let that happen.

I nodded my head with a slight smile. "Yeah I'm fine. I just have a lot to think about." I said as truthfully as I could. It's true I do have a lot to think about! Like can things slow down? I have to worry about mom's cancer, dad, and now I have to worry about Zubair and Ahmed. Why were they even fighting anyways? It makes absolutely no sense, and what did Jamal mean when he said 'they're fighting over a girl'? That girl can't possibly be me.

Amir gave me a look saying he didn't believe me. "I know we didn't know each other long but even I can tell you're lying. Look, I never had another sibling that I could listen to and now that I have some I want to be there for them. So you could tell me." He almost pleaded. I want to tell you, I thought to myself as I stared at my hands. I don't want to deal with this alone. I don't get how people could with hold such big secrets without it eating away at them. I looked at Amir as a tear rolled down my cheek. He looked at me with widened eyes after seeing me crying.

"A-Amara... what is it?" He stuttered while continuing to look at me with worried eyes. "Nothing it's just...when was the last time you ah talked to...dad?" I asked him as I wiped the tear with the back of my palm. "Yesterday. He actually wants to come down here and talk with you. He said that after he talks with you and Amran, he'll do what you guys want him to. Since he'd already talked to Hamid he also wants to get the chance to explain himself to you guys."

He talked to Hamid? Wow, he got mad at me for talking to Amir without telling him...how could he lie to me? Okay no that's not what's important Amara! He's planning on coming here to talk with me and Amran. That's the important thing. "Wow okay. When?" I asked still recovering from shock.  He gave me a nervous smile while biting his lower lip. Dang this must run in our blood because I do the same thing when I'm covering something up or lying. "Just spit it out." I exclaimed while rubbing my forehead. I seriously think my head is going to explode from all of this drama.

"Um... he may be on his way right now," He replied, giving me another nervous glance. I quickly stood up in shock and started pacing. "What do you mean right now?" I asked panicking. This is crazy. Why would he suddenly show up right now?

"I'm sorry I was going to tell you guys but I needed to know why you were so upset first." He tried to explain. I took a deep breath and sat back down.  "It's okay. We should probably give the others a heads up first." I replied as I let out a sigh.

"Yeah."

* * *

"He's what!?" Amran exclaimed while handing Juwa off to Nur. "Calm down Amran you'll exhaust yourself," I said as I gave her a bottle of water. "I don't care! I still remember everything he put us through." She continued to yell.

"Just listen to him first." Hamid tried to reason as well but it didn't work. She still looks pissed as hell like she wants to punch something. "Fine, only for a minute though." She said after taking a few deep breaths. I walked over to the door and opened it only to find my father looking back at me. He immediately smiled once he saw my face. I quickly looked away and walked back to where my siblings sat. Dad looked at Juwa with teary eyes as if he was about to cry.  He then looked at Amran and me with the same teary eyes.

He looks so...emotional which is weird to see.

"I never thought this day would come when I could see both of my girls." He said as he walked closer to us. "Before you get super emotional I just want to say one thing." Amran stated as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm not your girl and neither is Amara. You decided what we were to you the moment you walked out of our lives." She looked at him with fire in her eyes.