Chapter 1

"ANNE! ANNE!" Screamed my loud mother, barging into my bedroom.

"What do you need?" I said annoyed by her high-pitched voice.

"It's time for school. You need to get dressed. We are leaving in 10 minutes."

"But-"

"You need to go. And you are going. That's an order. Get dressed before I drag you out of this room. Understand?" She said sternly, cutting me off.

"Yes, mother." I huffed.

And then she left. Finally. My mother tends to annoy the hell out of me. I love her, but she never listens to me or lets me speak my full opinion. I hate it. I hate it so much.

She doesn't realize that I have a plan though. I'm seventeen and I'm in college. She has been pushing the hell out of me to keep working hard and take extra classes, but that's not going to happen. I graduated high school a year ago and started taking college classes. This is my last year at my community college and then I'm gone. I'm leaving.

My mother has set a goal for me to become a veterinarian. I've always enjoyed helping animals, but I want to do something else. I want to write. Mom never believed I was a good writer, though.

I had been writing since I was 12. I wrote songs, stories, and just about everything. It lets me speak my mind and it soothes me. That's how I usually let out all of my anger. I enjoy it very much.

I live in Kentucky and go to my small-town community college. My mom doesn't want me to leave home, but I do. I have always wanted to move and live in New York. I wanted to get my big break there.

I dragged myself out of bed. Putting on a pair of jeans and a shirt. I don't put on any perfume, no nothing. And that was it.

I walked downstairs, and there, tapping her high-heeled shoe was my mother.

She was wearing bright red lipstick, a black knee-high dress, and black stilettos. She enjoys the attention in public.

"Ready to go?" She calmly says.

"Yep," I reply nervously. I don't know why I was nervous. I had been going to this college for 2 months now. I guess I was hoping for nothing to change, but I was always wrong.