Chapter 6 We Capture A Flag

Lena's POV:

Each day at camp was following a routine. It wasn't boring though. It was always fun. Katie helped me with everything, so did Miranda. They are kinda the co-leaders of our cabin, I take Ancient Greek, which is fairly easy, I thought that it would be so much harder to do though, but it was so nice to understand something. Due to my ADHD I can't really stay still, according to Chiron they are battle reflexes.

Then throughout the day, I will be doing outdoor activities. Archery is really fun, I almost got a bullseye on they first day. Foot racing is okay, I am okay at it, but they wood-nymph beat everyone, but they have been running for who knows how many years. I am terrible at wrestling, I am basically skin and bone, there is nothing really good that I can do, besides bruising them with my elbows. I am also a year younger than a lot of them, they said that campers are usually here at the age of twelve or thirteen, I'm ten almost eleven I only have four more days.

I spent some time with Percy and Annabeth, they are my best friends here, Annabeth has been trying her best to teach Percy Ancient Greek, but according to her, he is kinda stupid. I don't really know what to think though.

Today though, it's Percy's sword fighting lesson, since most of Demeter's cabin doesn't see the reasoning behind sword fighting when we can control plants (which is awesome), I still like to learn things from camp, so I decided to join Hermes cabin in this activity.

Luke decided that he would work with Percy since it is his first time.

"Good luck," one of the campers told me. "Luke's the best swordsman in the last three hundred years."

"Maybe he'll go easy on me," I said.

The camper snorted.

"Don't be an ass." I told that camper, and I decided that I would work with him, that way, I could beat him up.

By the time that Luke called for a break, my partner was lying on the ground in pain. I only bruised him, I'm the one who actually go cut. I have a scratch on my arm, which hurts.

As soon as the break was over, we watched as Luke decided that Percy would be his little demonstration toy. Only that Percy beat him. When they went again, Luke beat Percy, so I'm wondering what the heck was going on.

Today is Friday,July 14th, my birthday. It's cool, I never told anyone my birthday, thankfully, so no one told me happy birthday. Back home, Bella, Renee, and Phil would always come into my room and yell in my face "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Which gets annoying after a few years.

It's in the afternoon, and I'm spending by being with Percy and Grover at the lake. Earlier I was on the climbing wall, which is now one of my favorite things here. It's where if you don't climb up fast enough, you get lava poured down on you, it's so cool.

"How was your conversation with Mr. D?" Percy asked Grover, in response Grover's face started to turn a sickly shade of yellow. I believe that he might throw up.

"Fine," he said. "Just great."

"So your career's still on track?"

He glanced at him nervously. "Chiron t-told you I want a searcher's license?"

"Well... no. He just said you had big plans, you know ... and that you needed credit for completing a keeper's assignment. So did you get it?"

"Mr. D suspended judgment. He said I hadn't failed or succeeded with you yet, so our fates were still tied together. If you got a quest and I went along to protect you, and we both came back alive, then maybe he'd consider the job complete." He said looking down.