Chapter 13

Ok you guys, I think you've waited long enough! So without furtheradue(I know that's probably spelled wrong) Here's Chapter 13!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh! And I want to give a BIG THANKS to ForbiddenBlood for making the wonderful cover for 16 with twins!!!!! She also made a few others for me but I liked this one the best :) soooo THANK YOU!

Chapter 13

~Serena's POV~

The rest of the night was peaceful and sound. We all slept straight through it.

I awoke to the sun streaming in through the window.

Groaning slightly, I sat up and looked at my surroundings.

I was at the edge of my with with Serenity and Serge in the middle with Dawn on the edge of the other side of the bed.

Careful not to wake them, I got out of bed and made my way into the hallway. Leaning against the wall, I reflected on the night's events.

Things had just been too freaky.

First I thought back to when I had found Serenity lying on the floor, and then Serge going missing.

What if she hadn't just fallen out of her crib? She was crying and screaming-normal for a toddler-but her pants were pulled down and Serge was saying that someone had done it. And Serge had wandered outside. How did he open the door? He's too smal to have reached the doorknob. Could someone have opened it for him?

I shivered at the thought of there actually being a ghost or spirit out to harm my babies.

Things just weren't adding up. What was really going on?

The more I thought about it, the weirder it became.

Footsteps coming from up the hall snapped me out of my own mind.

I looked just in to see Beatrissa walking towards me, wearing a blood red silk robe. I could just make out red flannels on her legs.

She smiled,"Goodmorning Serena. I hope you slept well."

I returned her smile,"Yes, thank you. And you?"

"Yes, very well, thank you. Would you like some breakfast? I have to go to work in a few hours so I'm going to be eating early."

"Sure. I'll help you."

"Oh, no need. I can manage. Thank you though. Would you like anything specific?"

"No thank you."

"Alright well, you know where I'll be if you need me." with one last smile, she disappeared down the hall and down the stairs.

Walking back into my room-very quietly-I went to my closet and took picked out today's clothes. Which included a faded pair of black jeans and red tank top with a dark multicolored scarf and walked back out into the hall, heading towards the bathroom.

After taking a shower and doing my hair, I headed back into the hallway and to my room to check on the kids.

Opening the door a crack and peaking in, I saw Serenity and Serge cuddled up next to Dawn as he snored softly in sleep.

Quietly closing the door again, I went downstairs.

I heard Beatrissa rummaging around in the kitchen and decided to see if she needed any help. Walking into the kitchen, I noticed she had several pans and ingrediants already set out.

Upon my entrance, she slipped something into a nearby drawer. I only caught a glimpse of it, and it kind of looked like a book, but had some stuff ontop of the cover that I couldn't quite make out.