The price of war

Meanwhile..

Aunt Charlotte , Gabriel , and the other's arrived safely on Gullah island reuniting with there old friend and maid , Abigail

" It's the children " Abigail said as she opened her arms

" Abigail " William shouted running as the rest of them followed behind . Abigail smiled widely as she warmly embraced them

|" we thought you had died Abigail , Thank goodness your alive " William laughed

" Of course i'm alive , I couldn't leave you lovely children just yet could I ? " she said still smiling

Abigail's smile faded when she realized the expression on Gabriel's face , it was plane and emotionless .

" Gabriel "

Abigail said gently pushing aside the children still holding her , she noticed Jessica wasn't there .

" W-were's Jessica , what happened to her ? " Abigail asked

" She's gone "

"what do you mean she's gone " Abigail asked in concern . Aunt Charlotte slightly frowned . .

" They took her , The British green Dragoons " he paused " They must have taken her back to there camps and estate , they want information no doubt " Gabriel sighed

" Well Jessica is a strong girl , If its information they want out of her , she wont give it to them . She's a true patriot " Abigail said proudly

" Not if she waned to live , If she does not tell them what they want to here , im afraid they wont show any mercy towards her " Gabriel said .

Abigail just looked at Charlotte and Gabriel in shock and the sadness filled her eye's .

" Gabriel , you should go " Charlotte said looking back up at Gabriel . " You must tell your father what's happened to her

" Gabriel nodded " your right " he said looking back towards his sisters , brothers and Abigail giving them all a slight nod . He turned away , and walked back over to his horse mounting it . Then took of from Gullah Island .

_

Tavington arrived back to Jessica's room shortly after he left , he walked into the room carrying a blue dress and apron .

" Here is your new dress to change into " He said , handing the dress over too her .

" Thank you " she said quietly to him . Jessica stood looking at him , as he stared at her again . he seemed to do that a-lot , she thought to herself .

He was starring at her neck ware he had grabbed her earlier , there were red marks of ware his fingers were around her neck that was still visible . " Mrs Martin " he looked at her with a raised eyebrow .

" Are you al-right ? " He asked , the harshness disapeard from his voice .

Jessica looked back at him slightly tilting her head to the side , she was confused and taken aback from his tone of voice and concern .

" Excuse me ? " she said , still confused , " Your neck " he paused diverting his gaze back to her neck .

She lifted her hand running her fingers back and fourth across her throat .

" I had no intention of hurting you " he said stepping forward , he stopped when he saw her flinch back a bit .

" I'm fine colonel " she said back .

They stared at each other for a moment each of them locking their eyes on the other ,She couldn't be sure, but for a split second she thought she saw the ice in his eyes melt away and replaced by someone who cared. But just as quickly as it came it was gone. She watched as the harshness crept back in the colonels eye's .