“I don’t give a damn! You’re not sleeping with him, at least not yet. You’re not even eighteen yet, Charlotte!”

“He’s my mate!”

“I don’t care,” Liam growled.

“This is my decision, not yours. Besides, he doesn’t even want to touch me. You don’t have to worry about him,” I replied, bitterly.

If Liam hadn’t arrived, Caine and I would’ve mated. I was pissed off with Liam because he had stopped us. It had taken a lot to get Caine in that position. He felt guilty enough as it was for touching me. He didn’t need Liam making things worse.

“Good,” Liam said, and he calmed down a bit. “I’m leaving. Lesley’s at the apartment, and she’s staying there with me tonight. I’ll be back tomorrow.”

Before leaving out the door, he turned back to face me.

“I’m coming back tomorrow, and your scent better be as it is now. With the claim, his scent isn’t as strong on you. If you two mate, I will find out,” he said, threateningly.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but Liam was already leaving out the door. He slammed it shut louder than necessary.

I heard him and Caine talking as they made their way down the hall. I couldn’t hear what they were saying, but I imagined that he was handing out more threats to Caine.

Those were the moments when Caine should’ve gone Alpha on him.

I hated when they fought. I didn’t want them to be against each other. But I wanted Caine to stand up for our relationship. I needed him to do that.

Caine didn’t return to the room.

I waited for him, but he didn’t come back. I paced around the room most of the time, waiting around for him. Finally, after almost an hour of waiting, I went in search of him.

I ended up finding him in his office, sitting behind the desk chair, with the laptop open in front of him. My entrance had been subtle, and I’d caught his attention as soon as I walked in.

“I was waiting for you,” I quietly told him.

“I got busy with some things,” he replied, and his eyes returned to the laptop screen.

“Let’s go to bed.”

I went to his side, knowing there was no way he was going to get up on his own and go to me. I was going to do anything I could think of to get him out of there and back in the bed with me.

“Your brother is right,” Caine solemnly said.

“Liam?”

“Yes,” he nodded.

“So now he’s my brother,” I said, smiling at him curiously.

“He acted like your brother. Liam’s right. I lost control with you, and I shouldn’t have.”

I shook my head at him. Out of all the times I wanted him to agree with Liam on, he’d chosen the worst thing to go along with him.

“This should be our decision, not his.”

“You know what I decided. I want us to wait,” he said.

I climbed on his desk, sitting directly in front of him. His eyes roamed over mine, but he looked away after a few seconds. I got comfortable on his desk, liking that my feet were grazing against his legs. He leaned back against his desk chair.

I closed his laptop, and shoved it away. Caine looked up at me, but he made no attempt to touch me or approach me.

“You decided that, but it isn’t what you want,” I said, leaning closer to him.