Mom and Dad stopped to look at us with a genuine warm smile before getting off. I returned the smile, unlocked the doors and hopped out of the car followed by Sam and Stacey. I stretched my hands and legs a bit and went inside through the tall doors only to end up in an even taller living room.

"We're home!" I shouted. My voice echoed in the room and I heard the sound of footsteps rushing from my right.

Beside me, I could hear Stacey giggling at my stupid comment.

A well-dressed short man walked into the room and greeted us, "Welcome welcome! We have been waiting for you to arrive. Please do have a seat," he said and shook hands with my Dad. "Nice to meet you," Dad added and we made ourselves comfortable. Well, in reality I didn't feel at comfort. This wasn't what I was expecting. I mean, I thought we were moving to a house with no one in there and here, we are being greeted affectionately by someone. It felt more like coming to a hotel than our own house. "I'm Mark, the caretaker and here's my crew," he gestured towards where he came from and I saw two men and a lady enter the living room. Mark went and stood by the lady and wrapped an arm around her waist.

Great. First a caretaker and now an entire family!

"This is Sarah, my dear wife. She helps me with looking after the place and any and every other necessary thing."

"Hi Sarah!" my Mom said cheerily and waved her hand at Sarah.

Sarah repeated the gesture.

I looked at the two men and waited for them to introduce themselves. One of them was dressed in a white shirt and black trousers. He had a lean frame and looked in his late twenties. He was wearing a red and white lined apron, white hand gloves and a chef hat which made me assume that he must be the cook here.

The other had a well build frame and was wearing an ink blue coloured uniform so I guessed him to be the security or something.

The apron guy was the first to speak and bring me out of my trance of assumptions. "Hi, I'm Henry. I will be your chef and will serve you all the delicacies you desire to have."

Mark let out hearty laugh at this and added, "He graduated from The Institute of Culinary Education, New York as a topper and takes pride in that."

The uniform guy cleared his throat, "Sorry to interrupt you guys, but I have to be on duty now. I'm Freddie. I'm the security guard and well, I take my work quite seriously. So I'll be heading towards the doors now," he said in a tone that sounded a bit rude to my ears and left the room.

"He's a moody guy you see," Mark added.

"I'm Peter, and this is my wife Julie," my Dad said. "And that's my daughter Ashley," he continued, "her best friend Stacey and our little super hero Sam! Stacey's mother Nicole will be joining us the following week."

"Yes. You told me about them over the phone. But I must say, it's so great to meet you guys personally," Mark said, "By the way, we have made all the arrangements for you here and made sure that you don't fall short of anything. Sarah will show you around the house and lead you to your respective rooms," he smiled affectionately.

Sarah greeted us warmly, "Come along," and we followed her out of the living area. She led us through a passage and towards the elevator.

I remember last time we visited Grandpa's place when Sam was five, that is, six years back, even before Stacey and Nicole joined to stay with us. Many things have changed since then. The entire house looks different. I wonder what Stacey is thinking right now. For her, everything's absolutely new. But as much as I know her she's too happy to be surprised and wondered. She's probably enjoying all the attention and courtesies she is receiving.