I'm rounding the corner out of the bathroom when my body collides with a small soft one. A tray clashes to the floor and I feel a dampness around my private area of my pants and my hair feels soaked to the touch.

I hear a small "oomph" as the other body takes me down backwards and I land on my back with them on top of me. I finally wipe with soda out of my eyes and see those chocolate brown ones staring back down in mine opened wide. I instantly know who this is with her blonde hair hanging in my face combined with her smell of apple blossoms and vanilla. Kassie. And she is on top of me!

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry Peter! I should have been watching where I was going." Kassie apologizes while getting off of me and I'm sad to see her go.

"I have soda everywhere, oh and I got it on you too. I'm such a klutz."

Mikey spots us when he arrives back in the diner. He jogs over and asks,"What happened?" 

Kassie explains the incident and I finally notice that it looks as if I have peed my pants. I can feel a red glow forming on my cheeks and I pick up the tray on the floor and hand it to her. She's nice enough to act like the wet spot isn't noticeable, but I know it is.

Mikey notices my embarrassment. "I have some gym clothes in my bag in the jeep. I"ll go get them." He leaves as quickly as he came.

"The food is on the house. I am so sorry again."

"I should probably take some of the blame," I say, "I didn't watch where I was going." Of course it's my fault, why would she even think it's her fault? I am the klutz always tripping over their own two feet.

She walks into the woman's bathroom and comes back out with a paper towel in hand. Kassie takes a couple steps closer to me and carefully wipes away the soda droplets running down my face. I stare into her big brown eyes as she wipes them away. Her touch is soft and calms my nerves yet my emotions are boiling up to the surface of her nearness. Just as she steps away Mikey is back.

"Here Pete, there probably a little big, but it's my clean ones, I promise." I head into the bathroom, clothes in hand and go into a stall. I hold up the shirt and see that it is a large while I am a medium, so it's not that bad until I get to the short which are about five sizes to big. The waist band has an adjuster that is still too big but manageable.

Back out in the restaurant, our food is at our table with Kassie talking to Mikey still. I watch from afar when she says later with a smile on her face and she squeezes his shoulder. Mikey greets me when I get back to the table.

We continue on with our meal and talk about our day. When I say our day I mean his. My day is hardly anything to brag about. Mikey explains a lot of the jokes he heard today and we both laugh at them. His life seems really filled with entertainment and not a care in the world. He already knows he's going to collage for sports agent even though he got a scholarship for baseball last year.

I am jealous of his life. I'm not going to lie and say 'yeah, my life rocks' when compared to his mine is a pebble and his is a boulder. Get it? Rocks? Boulder? Oh never mind.  

"See you later, Kas." Mikey raises his voice so Kassie can hear. Of course. He has a nickname for her nickname. Why couldn't I have thought of that?  

"Bye, guys." She waves from across the diner. She said goodbye to me! Not directly but still goodbye.   Mikey and I go home with the sunset trailing behind us. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Home is suppose to be relaxing isn't it. Well not tonight in my house. My mom and dad have decided they have some big news for us and are holding us in suspension.   It could be anything. A new pet, we're moving, a baby is on the way (let's hope not I would be a terrible big brother), or the world is ending in a couple hours and we have been gathered here today to say our last goodbyes as a family.