Chapter Four: Another Day

The woods were peaceful that night. The stars hung above the trees in the forest, the crickets chirping the night away as the sun set on the other side. Chirping, the distant birds sang their songs as the day was coming to an end, the humid air chilling the night. That very night that was Willow Clove's birthday, as well as the 10th anniversary of when she became A Walker.

Nothing much had changed about Willow, except for the fact that she had a lot more friends than before. She also wore different attire than when she was younger, mostly because of the contract that she had to maintain. The oath she had to abide by restricted colorful colors, leaving black and white the only option. For example, the very dress she was wearing was black with rose designs along her arms and neck. Her lips were black as well, but she honestly could have gone without it if her brother hadn't said anything. Willow wasn't very fond of makeup, including lipstick. It always made her lips feel funny when she wore it. But what was good about this outfit was that she wouldn't get cold, which is highly convenient since Slender Woods was always foggy and freezing.

Trudging through the woods, Willow could hear twigs snapping around her and leaves bustling against the wind. In any other occasion, she would have been spooked out of her mind, but since she knew who it was, she remained calm. No, being calm wouldn't be the word she would use as of now. She was starting to become annoyed. In fact, she was looking for her cellphone. Her precious, expensive looking cellphone. She'd been dumb enough to leave it out while her window was wide open. Even after being told a million times by her mother, Willow kept forgetting to close it during the night since Slenderman's kids liked stealing. Especially stealing her things.

"Okay, guys! Very funny!" Willow yelled into the night, stomping against the ground.

Sighing, Willow stopped in front of a tree and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Geez, you couldn't have stolen my textbooks? Or my tacky bed sheets? Or that stupid CD collection that Great Aunt Minerva gave me for Christmas?" Willow grumbled out loud, looking behind trees and behind bushes.

Holding herself close, Willow shivered as a cold breeze suddenly swept against her dress. It wasn't that she wasn't used to it. She just knew that that wind only belonged to the Slenderman. He usually used the wind for special purposes. He never told her what, but she always thought of it as a patrol system. Not that that was bad or anything...

After it was gone, the young woman looked around and tried to find any sign of him or his kids. Ever since that encounter in the woods, she and Slenderman, including the children, had become close friends. But because of that, her mother had started to become over-protective of Willow, even going as far as homeschooling her.

But this year was going to be different...

"Hey, Willow." A man's voice called from behind the female, causing her to jump in fright.

Heart pounding against her chest, Willow growled and turned around, only to find a boy in a white mask staring at her. If it weren't for the stupid mask, she would've been able to tell what expression he was making. But she instantly assumed that he was smiling at her reaction.

"Ha ha, Masky. Very funny." Willow said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

The said boy brought a hand up, obviously amused by her reaction.

"I know you've seen worse, Willow," Masky said with a small chuckle, causing Willow to huff. "And it's not like I came up to you with razor sharp claws or anything."

"Jesus Christ, Masky... Stop bringing the claw thing up. It's starting to get annoying" Willow growled under breath, bringing a hand up before smacking his shoulder. He didn't even flinch.