The Rivalry Chapter 28

Comincia dall'inizio

I sat down at my jewelry table, brushed through my hair and left it down to dry and stood up, startled to find Grant standing behind me.

I faced him and he wrapped his arms around me slowly as I sighed into his bare chest. "How was your day?" He asked quietly while rubbing my back with his hands.

"A heavy load, I'm tired," I smiled as he leaned in to kiss me lightly. My reaction caught me off guard and I gasped. My heart thumped loudly and my body exploded with want and I realized this was the first time I'd kissed him in days and the first time I'd returned it with enthusiasm since I had the news of my condition. I tangled my hands in his hair and pressed myself to him before I pulled away. I had missed him but I'd been too caught up in everything to notice and now I wanted him terribly.

My heart ached as I came to the realization that I had been so closed off lately and that I was craving affection and I felt each surge of emotion with new intensity.

I looked into his eyes; they were soft, and gentle, trying to read my face. The eyes of Grant Mitchell LeHarce, once my sworn enemy and now my king and my lover? I cared for him more than almost anything and I needed to be with him. I needed the comfort he gladly offered me at all times, I needed to hear the way his voice caressed my name and the way his fingertips softly graze my cheekbones when he touches my face. He was strong, dazzling, mysterious and so unbearably beautiful that I could never stand to lose him.

He smiled warmly at me. My heart was fluttering and I wasn't quite sure if I could get the words out properly. I stood up on my tip toes, arms around his neck and took a shallow breath.

"I love you," I whispered and planted a soft kiss on his jaw bone.

He pulled back with a puzzled look on his face and when I smiled at him his face broke into a smile of exultation as his hands cupped my face and he brought his lips to mine.

I put my hands on his chest and let my heart control my actions for once, rather than my mind. I smiled and laughed loudly as he picked me up and spun me in a circle. As soon as I was back on my feet he was kissing me once more. I put my hands on his neck and down upon his chest. One of his hands was locked in my hair and the other was firmly holding me against him.

"And I love you," he whispered and his hot breath tickled my ear, sending shivers down my back. He slowly picked me up and lightly sucked on the soft spot on my neck before he lay me gently on the bed and hovered above me.

He moved his lips tantalizing slowly from my jaw, to my neck and collarbone, leaving a tingling trail behind him.

I moved my hands from his chest, to his back and I was clutching to him with all the strength I had.

I didn't have time to regain my control before his mouth was on mine once more. His lips were molding themselves to my own.

My mouth parted slightly as he quietly whispered, "Lynnae, my love."

I leaned forward and planted a light kiss on his chest. He sighed and looked down at me. I looked up and saw true desire in his eyes. He wanted me. I knew what it was like to long for the touch of another person and I could not deny him, I did not have the will nor the want to.

I tilted my face toward his slightly. He slowly lowered his face and my heart raced and I waited patiently. I wanted the comfort his embrace and kiss offered. He was cautious and his lips were light and soft. I placed my hands on his chest, running my fingers along his smooth skin. He pulled away and his breathing was ragged, as was mine. His hands knotted into my hair and pulled my face to his once again. His lips were more urgent upon mine now and it made my pulse race. I shuddered as his cool tongue slid over my bottom lip.

A shock of pleasure rocked my body when I felt a tremble pulse through him. His hands were strong and steady. His right hand now pushed against my lower back, putting pressure between our lower bodies. His left hand was resting on the base of my neck. My own hands became more confident. I ran them down his chest and onto his abdomen. I could feel every hard muscle under my hands and it sent my mind soaring. He was beautiful.

His mouth left mine, only to reach the skin of my neck, making a trail from there to my collarbone and back up along my jaw. I ran my hands down farther, curling one finger under the waistband of his night pants, I heard him exhale sharply and the pit of my stomach tightened.

He became very bold. His hands grasped the skirt of my nightwear and pulled it up, baring my legs. His hand traveled slowly down my thigh, ending behind my knee. He grabbed my leg and pulled it over, hitching it on his hip. I gasped as he pushed his hips forward lightly, pressing himself against me. The pressure between our bodies made me moan quietly and I brought my mouth back to his feverishly, he ran his tongue along my bottom lip and I parted my mouth slightly. I rejoiced as my tongue met his, savoring his sweet flavor. I pulled away from him, panting for air. He grasped my hips with his hands and looked questioningly at me. My stomach sank and I hesitated. At this action he grinned, kissed me once and rolled onto his side, panting. I began blushing furiously as I pushed my skirt back down.

His fingers lightly traced the blush on my cheekbones as he sighed.

"I'm sorry," I said, ashamed, looking down.

"Lynnae, look at me," he said softly. "Never be sorry for that, it is something I will never pressure you into." He said with a smile.

"I love you, Grant," I said again and smiled as I felt the deep and true realization in my heart as I cuddled into his side.

"And I love you as well," he said before we both drifted off into sleep.