The Rivalry

Chapter 1

  "They have been nothing but a nuisance. It is hard to believe they call themselves a royal family at all. You have done well Grant. You have been showing progress as of late. Perhaps you are ready to rule." I heard King Gregory, my father, say to me with a fire in his eye.

    I am Grant Mitchell LeHarce. I am twenty four years of age and heir to the throne, heir of the LeHarce Kingdom. Someday, I will rule the lands I have grown up in, where countless battles have been fought, where LeHarce blood has been too long spilled. As king, I intend to finish what my great grandfathers have started. I plan on invading the Borderlands, continuing to the boundary and destroying the ignorant rival kingdom. I will rid these lands of Ahmisto blood for good.

    I had just finished showing my father the sword of an Ahmisto. I had earlier intercepted a letter saying the man would be traveling through the Borderlands to get to a neutral area. Once he reached his destination he would have a gathering with the neutral rulers, trying to gain an alliance. I ordered a fleet of men to ride with me, in hopes of coming across this vile trash, an Ahmisto. I found him and he never made it to the neutral lands. So easily deceived, so easily captured, and so easily stripped of his royal stature.

    One by one, I will rid the lands of the poison that runs through the veins of the Ahmisto Royal Family.