Chapter 9: Midnight Lovers

Start from the beginning

Brandon Saad and his girlfriend Alyssa, are the first to greet Patrick and I.

"Hey man!" Brandon calls, as he walks over to the two of us.

"Saader!" Patrick laughs, bro hi-fiving Brandon.

"Hey Alyssa." I smile, looking over to the young, brown-haired girl next to Brandon.

Alyssa is still really young.

She has a young face, and she's definitely one of the nicest girls I have ever met.

"Hey Abby." She smiles, sweetly.

Alyssa, Brandon, Patrick and I talk for a little longer before we move on, and begin talking with the other guests.

"I'm going to grab us some drinks." Pat says, letting go of my hand.

"Okay!" I giggle, as he disappears into the crowd.

I look around a few times, and see busy people all talking with each other.

Laughing, hanging out by the shore, having drinks, and chatting.

It's a great night.

The atmosphere here is electric.

"ABIGAIL!" A few voices say, in unison from behind me.

I spin around, and my eyes lay upon three, gorgeous, young girls, all with the last name "Kane".

Erica, Jessica, and Jackie.

"Oh my God, hey girls!" I squeal, as we all embrace in one large group hug.

"I missed you guys so much!" I laugh, stepping back and looking at each of the girls.

They look gorgeous, as usual.

From oldest to youngest, they go Erica, Jessica, and then Jackie.

"We missed you too, Abby!" Erica laughs, hugging me once again.

The last time I saw the girls was at one of the after-parties after the Stanley Cup Final.

Even though it's only been about three weeks, it's felt too long.

The girls and I have grown incredibly close throughout my years with Patrick.

The year that Patrick and I were apart was especially hard because I had bonded so close with the girls, and I wasn't even able to hang out or talk to them.

It sucked, and when Pat and I finally got back together, I was so happy to have them back in my life.

"I had no idea you guys were coming tonight! What a pleasant surprise!" I laugh.

"Our flight just got in a few hours ago, and we headed straight to the lake house from the airport. We are only here until Wednesday though, because we have to be back in Buffalo for Wednesday night." Jackie explains, laughing.

"Does Pat know you guys are here?" I ask, smiling.

"No! Chaunette told us about the party, so we flew down for it. Our plan was to surprise both you and Pat!" Jessica laughs.

"Well you guys certainly did. I'm so happy you're here." I giggle.

"Us too." Erica smiles.

Within a few minutes, Chaunette has found our group, and the five of us are all talking together.

We laugh about a few things, when Chaunette brings up a new topic.

"Did you girls hear about Jonathan?" Chaunette asks, quieting her voice slightly.