Chapter 2: The Temptation

Today is Monday, where my misery starts up again. I'm in a deep and dark sleep just dreaming about being in heaven when I hear mom screaming on the top of her lungs.

"Brielle Marie!" She yells startling me,"You better get up it or you're gonna be late!"

I groan slowly get up and swing myself to the side of the bed. My feet touch the cold hardwood and I shiver, putting a hand through my long cooper hair. I slowly get up, not wanting the leave my comfy warm bed that will hate me when I leave.

Nevertheless, I get up and take a shower, letting the warm water hit my sore back. I wince in pain looking down at my arm, with my beautiful artwork.

"Shit," I mumble under my breath.

I get out of the shower and get dress. I walk slowly downstairs for my soreness in my whole body. Mom was downstairs making breakfast. Joey, my little brother, runs up to me and hugs me tight. I whimper a little, but I hug him tight. He's my little munchkin; he's always smiling, always positive, and always finds a way to make me smile for real.

I grab a granola bar and was about to run out, but mom stopped me.

"Wait a minute," she said grabbing my backpack,"Why are you leaving so soon?"

"Leah want to talk to me," I lied.

"Okay, we'll have a good day," she said smiling.

I waved to her and walk out the door. I walk to end of the driveway and looked across the street. It was Angela, the closet thing I'll get of being in heaven. She is truly breathtaking. She has the tan skin, her hair is a chocolate brown, and her eyes are a mixture of blue and green, two of my favorite colors. Her smile can end all wars, and I dream to one day kiss those soft looking lips.

I guess I was staring too long because she looked at me. I blushed and looked at my phone. I heard her walking across the street. She wouldn't be talking to me, she's probably talking to her boyfriend or something like that.

"Hey Bree," I hear her say.

Her voice sounded like the most beautiful song I've ever heard in my life. I would play it over and over at home. I look up at her, with the morning sun hitting her perfect skin.

"H-Hi," I said stuttering.

"So, do you want to come and hang out later?" She asked smiling brightly.

Don't you even think about say yes.

I know.

"Um..." I said thinking about it.

"Please, you can invite Leah," she said sounding like she's begging.

God, why is she making it so hard to say no? She's giving me these puppy dog eyes and a quivering lip. I'm gonna do something that I'll regret so please stop.

"I don't know," I said trying to look away.

"Come on, Bree," she said picking up my chin,"It's no fun without you."

Don't do it, you gonna crack.

I know, but this is Angela, I can't say no.

"I'll think about it," I said smirking.

She faintly smiled, but I can see the sad expression on her face. It broke my heart that I was the one that made her sad. She look up at me and bite her lip, which made my head spin.

Oh, no! Don't you melt just because she bit her lip.

I know, but I'm so tempted to full on attack those lips.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bus bench. I want to say yes so badly. She sits down on the bench, hands still intertwined. She turned my head towards her and she smiled brightly again.

"So, are you excited for the school soccer game we have tomorrow night?" She asked.

"Yeah, are you going?" I asked sounding too excited.

"I have to, silly," she said giggling,"Chase has his game on the same night you have."

Chase is Angela's boyfriend, he has blond Justin Bieber hair, with brown eyes that look like shit, and he has tan skin that makes him look Mexican, and his voice sounds like a baby truffle getting run over. He thinks he's so perfect, it makes me so angry.

"I promise I'll watch you play," she said  scooting closer.

Move away from her.

No.

"So have you made up your mind yet?" She asked.

"Yes," I said squeezing my knee,"I-I can't I have to watch my brother."

"I'll help you," she said scooting even closer.

Too close for comfort!

I don't care.

"B-But your parents might want you home," I said quickly.

"They won't even notice I'm gone," she said rolling her eyes.

How can they not notice she's gone?! I might stop breathing she's not at school. She scoots closer and puts her hand that was holding mine, on my knee. My breath hitches and I look away.

You're starting to like her...

I know.

Luckily the bus came and I sprinted on, leaving Angela confused. I sat with my best friend Leah and my angel say next to Satan, I mean Chase.

"What were you guys talking about?" Leah asked confused.

"She wanted me to come over," I said plainly.

"To do what, hang out or Netflix and chill?" She asked smirking.

"Gross, I'm not gay," I whispered,"Why do anything other than hang out?"

Netflix and chill is Leah and my code word. I don't need to go into specifics. Even though I would love for that to happen. Okay, dirty thoughts either start thing like that towards boys or get out of my life.

While Leah and I were talking, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turn around and it was Angela. She looked like she's anxious about something.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked.

"The sky," I said feeling my face get hot.

"No, what I mean is," she said flustered,"Did you make up your mind?"

She held my hand and but her lip. She started rubbing the back of my hand with her thumb and playing with her lip.

"Fine, I'll come," I said rolling my eyes.

She smiled brightly and hugged me. She looked so excited, and she quickly ran back to her boyfriend.

You're so fucked...

I know.