Final Moment

She ran because she wanted to see him.

She saw what the future holds and wanted to change it.

He can't die. She can't let him die.

Losing him means the end of the world. Literally.

She can't protect the world because she doesn't have the power like him. She isn't as strong as him.

Her heart hammered inside her as she thought of the time. She had to save him. It's okay if she sacrifices herself. If it is for him then it is okay.

Then she saw his black hair.

The only thought in her mind was 'was she late?'

But the blast of light that seemed to come from the heavens fell down and shook the earth. Her eyes grew wide as saucers in fear. Everything was so blinding that she had to cover her eyes. Though the sound was deafening, she certainly heard his scream.

Finally, the attack was over. She wished that her eyes would recover immediately from the sudden exposure of extreme light. Forcing herself to recover fast, her eyes scanned the field.

He was there on the floor. His eyes were dull and they were wide open. He wasn't moving.

And she knew that she was late. She wasn't able to say those three words. Even in his final moment, she was powerless. And she hated that.

She hated it that he won't come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: It was a few years ago, September 2013, that I wrote this. It's short and like most of my days in that year, I made this on my way to school, mostly just to waste my time.

Anyway, you know the drill. Leave a comment down below and tell me what you think. Also, if you like the story, don't forget to click the vote button because that kind of means a lot to me. :)