~* Chapter 2 *~

Annabel brought me back into reality when she put the finishing touches on my hair. I shook my head and looked into the mirror to see my bright green eyes staring back at me.

"My hair looks amazing, Annabel! As always." I said in amazement as I looked at my red hair in the mirror. It was curled around my shoulders beautifully while my bangs were straight in the front. I turned around and hugged Annabel before walking over to my closet. I open the doors and look for my favorite outfit. I find them and tug on my jean shorts before grabbing my orange Aeropostale shirt and pulling it over my head.

I turn around and see that Annabel's already done changing and stick my tongue out at her. "I'm slow at changing. Sue me!" I said throwing my hands into the air.

She raised her hands like she was surrendering and shook her head, "I didn't say anything, Abi."

"You didn't have too. I know you like my own hand!" I said shaking my hand in the air.

"Well if you don't hurry up then we're going to be late!" She said rushing me out of my room.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I yelled at her and ran down the stairs. I grabbed the toast off the counter and took a bite out of it while grabbing my bag from beside the couch. I looked around and spotted Annabel standing by the door tapping her foot impatiently.

"I'm coming. I'm coming." I mumbled. I walked out the front door and was greeted by the hot Australian air. Annabel's family and my family moved here about three years ago so I was use to the weather by now.

"I don't know if I will ever get use to this weather. It's just so hot!" She exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at her and opened the driver's side door to my red 07' Toyota Camry. Annabel got in the passenger side and put her bag on the floor and her feet on my dash.

"Feet off dash, Missy!" I said and swatted at her.

"Alright, Alright." She said moodily.

I put the key in the ignition and started up the car. I reversed out of my driveway and into the road. I turned onto the road that led to the high school.

"Did you finish your project in Science yet?" I asked her.

"Maybe....I just have to finish...oh....everything." She mumbled.

"You haven't even started? It's due Thursday! Good luck with that, chica." I shook my head at her. I can't believe that she hasn't even started it yet. I finished this weekend, but I can be a bit of a nerd sometimes though.

"Sorry I'm not the nerd in this situation." She smiled jokingly at me.

"Hey! Being a nerd is not a bad thing." I glared at her and then looked back at the road and pulled into the school parking lot. I parked in my normal spot and took the key out of the ignition. I grab my bag and get out of the car.

I started walking towards the school because I could tell that the bell was about to ring by the amount of people that weren't in the parking lot. I opened the doors once I reached them and walked inside looking around for my locker. I spotted my locker slightly behind a guy that was flirting with a girl. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him to get to my locker.

"Watch were you're going chick," the guy said before turning around and looking at me, "Oh sorry Abigail. Didn't know it was you." He said smiling sheepishly at me. Once he had turned around I had instantly recognized him as Josh McCormick, one of the school's beloved football jocks. It was hard to not notice his shaggy beach blonde hair and stunning green eyes. They stood out and made him look pretty gorgeous I must say. Surprisingly he wasn't as bad as some of the jocks, He was actually decent to most people and usually didn't participate in the hazing of freshman geeks.

"It's ok, Josh. Didn't know it was you either." I said smiling politely. Josh and I aren't really friends, but we talk to each other occasionally. He's a junior and I'm a freshman  so we don't cross paths a lot anyways. Which reminds me, " Why are you over here in the freshman hallway anyways?"

He smiles that little sheepish smile again and looks around, "I was trying to find out more about the new kid. Apparently he's from Romania. Isn't that wicked?" He said excitedly. I swear sometimes he acts like such a little kid, but it's a little cute sometimes.

I shake my head at him and think about what he's said. A new kid from Romania? We usually never get new kids, and now we get a new kid from Romania? That does sound a little interesting.

"That's pretty cool, what did you find out?" I said, my curiosity getting the best of me.

He scoots closer to me as if he's about to reveal top secret information and leans next to my ear, "Well no one seems to know what he looks like which is a bummer, but apparently he was in some trouble in his hometown which is why he had to move. He's also a freshman, so you might get him in one of your classes. Hmm what else? This one girl said that he doesn't have a girlfriend back home, but I don't know how true that is." He spoke it all in a quite fast paced whisper. He mumbled something under his breath at the end that I didn't catch.

I looked at him and nodded my head, "Thanks Josh, glad you told me about the new kid." I smiled at him and he smiled back before walking away down the hallway. I shook my head at him and turned to my locker and put in the combination. I grabbed my books out and put my bag in my locker before closing it.

I walked down the hallway to my first class and sat in the second to last row like always. There was an empty seat beside me which was odd considering my partner was almost always here on time. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I pulled out my science book and notes and set them down on the table. I opened my notes and started looking through them for the material we were taking a test on today.

Science is one of my better subjects because it seems that I just understand it unlike most people who think it's a just a jumble of things put together. The science test today should be pretty easy since I know everything on it, but a little studying won't hurt anyone. 

I heard the late bell ring and I looked up to see that my partner still hadn't shown up. Oh well I guess I get the desk to myself today. I shrugged and closed my notes, looking behind me to drop my notes onto the floor beside my chair.

I looked back up just in time to see a beautiful boy enter through the classroom door and calling him beautiful seemed like an understatement. He had brown shaggy hair that seemed to fall across his forehead perfectly while his light brown eyes looked through your soul. His square jaw added to his air of sexiness that was all around him. His tight black t-shirt showed his defined eight-pack perfectly and outlined the rest of his muscular upper body. His dark-wash jeans fit him perfectly and had me dying to see the other side of him.

Once I was done looking him from head to toe, I looked up and saw that he had been staring at me. He stared into my eyes from across the room and I felt so exposed like he could see every part of me into my soul. It was like we were connected and nothing could break that connection, but then I looked down at his fantastic lips and saw them quirked in a smirk and that broke me out of my revere. I glared at him before turning away and staring at the board.

One thing's for sure though. I probably failed my test because all I could think about was that fine looking boy who was the new kid.